View Full Version : What is anandamide?

mildadhd
10-04-15, 04:28 AM
What is anandamide?

This thread is meant to learn about anandamide, without discussing about the cannabis plant.

What are ways to stimulate anandamide neurotransmitters, etc.?

Superduperlayhuman, please leave room for my learning.

Quote and link below are meant as a discussion guide, but not limited to...

Thoughts appreciated.

Anandamide, also known as N-arachidonoylethanolamine or AEA, is an endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter.

The name is taken from the Sanskrit word ananda, which means "joy, bliss, delight", and amide.[1][2]

It is synthesized from N-arachidonoyl phosphatidylethanolamine by multiple pathways.[3]

It is degraded primarily by the fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) enzyme, which converts anandamide into ethanolamine and arachidonic acid.

As such, inhibitors of FAAH lead to elevated anandamide levels and are being pursued for therapeutic use.[4][5]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anandamide

P

dvdnvwls
10-04-15, 12:10 PM
Peripheral - what's your opinion?

mildadhd
10-04-15, 01:56 PM
Peripheral - what's your opinion?

I am curious to know how anandamide works inside.

From endogenous perspectives, and exogenous perspectives (without including anything about cannabis plants in this thread discussion)

I am hoping to get to read and consider the link below I found online today, and discuss more by next weekend.

Guidance appreciated

Divergent Effects of Anandamide Transporter Inhibitors with Different Target Selectivity on Social Play Behavior in Adolescent Rats

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2605777/#!po=16.6667

P

SB_UK
10-04-15, 02:25 PM
Bliss has only ever been associated with 1 thing.

playing currently 'home ?om? - where I wanted to go'

Linking to all of my favourite music
Joy is the aim
Somehow I'll find my way home
Somewhere I belong
Back to the Garden

Clocks
time series
[circadian rhythms next]

Cortisol - the circadian pattern.

SB_UK
10-04-15, 02:43 PM
Imagine bliss.

Drowning in sensual quality.

SB_UK
10-05-15, 12:01 AM
In contrast, the increase in social play induced by VDM11 was dependent on cannabinoid, opioid, and dopaminergic neurotransmission, since it was blocked by the CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist SR141716A, the opioid receptor antagonist naloxone, and the dopamine receptor antagonist α-flupenthixol. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2605777/#!po=16.6667

stimulacannabinoid
stimulant -> | <- opioid <- basal balance required

To drop exposure to stimulant / opioid
until
Basal balance is achieved
opening
door to Endocannabinoid system flooding our mind/brains with calm.

primitive reward <- choice -> higher reward

Primitive reward

The drive towards activation of stimulant and narcotic systems - with natural consequences (eg as we see in the drugs of addiction) ie as we drive towards increased use of the stimulant and narcotic systems

- we acquire resistance - downregulation of the response through (ever) increasing exposure.

The solution - towards quality.

Quality - not to trim back in the sensitivity of the neural mass - but to drive it onwards to intricacy.

Primitive reward
Higher reward
->
At their fundamental level represent an anti-neural vs pro-neural ie a neuro-degenerative vs neuro-protective environment - a cerebrospinal fluid to the mind.

Resilience of neural network expresses itself through resilience of man.

The mechanism of 'chasing the speedingo->/dragono+' - as we see in (unimaginable hand/feet pain on exposure to glutamate eg cheese)

milk - of which 80% protein is casein [of which 20% protein is glutamate] - excitotoxin - stimulant
milk - caseomorphin (hydrolysed casein) - relaxant - narcotic

note - whey - ultra-fast mobilized protein - pro-anabolic/insulin ... ... not a good thing.

<- the combination as the perfect biological reagent for ensuring growth.

Proteinaeous dairy products (growth) - are violently addictive.

Glut(amate)en (stimulant) and gluten exorphin (narcotic) also.

Imagine what a parmesan sandwich on white'd do for you ?

Agriculture - ie human beings choosing what they want to eat - with unsurprising consequences on our choices - as salad is left on the side for a profile of food which speeds our own demise.

Imagine what a parmesan sandwich on white'd do for you ?

Imagine the sound of nerve cells popping.

-*-

[circadian rhythms next]

Cortisol - the circadian pattern. Cortisol demonstrates a circadian pattern of release peaking ... ... this is interesting (http://www.endocrinesurgeon.co.uk/images/stories/content/cell-cortisol.jpg) ... ... this is my new pattern of waking.

Feel 'awake' 3.30 am to 8 am.

Cortisol.
Awake.

Narcolepsy.
Dexedrine.
Stimulant.

Clocks.

Opioid.
Narcotic.
Sleep inducing.

Suggesting that optimal sensitivity (basal balance between opioid and narcotic) results in the generation of an optimal circadian rhythm.

Clocks.

Also.

Stimulant (Dexedrine courts Sympathetic nervous system).
(Di)Stress.
Cortisol (travelling alongside Sympathetic nervous system).
Cortisol resistance (disrupts circadian rhythm).

Why do people need stimulant ?
1.To combat stress - note paradoxical effect of dexedrine in ADDers 'to relax'.
2.To speed - noting classical abuse of cocaine .

3.To supply an unmet need - the misguided belief that that form of transient happiness, is the happiness towards which we're geared - as opposed to away from which - the intended (a lasting happiness) which we're pre-destined towards go.

SB_UK
10-05-15, 12:23 AM
Summary
-1- that anadamide is on 'timed' release ie requires whole body (perfect central to peripheral clock synchrony) timed synchrony prior to the locking mechanism on our inner temple (endogenous anandamide production facility) whirring open.
-1b- Not to concentrate too deeply on the chemical nature of anadamide which is simple (as are all biochemicals) - but to realise the magic comes from the idea of evolution representing a time series - what we're looking towards is an evolution in 'time interval' in evolutionary products from Planck time (the first) up to (current state of play in man) - a body which is wholly synchronized.
-2- Important point being that synchrony can only be achieved through completion of mind instating a reactive aversion to primitive reward system activating mechanisms ie cortisol (circadian clock) resistance.
-3- That we can tell where we are in the cascade towards completion of mind / circadian clock peripheral synchrony by assessing how important rational morality is - alongside sleeping patterns (cortisol should determine our waking schedule).

Awakening at the point of inflexion in the ideal (sensitive) natural diurnal cortisol release pattern.
Biosensor - personal assessment of optimal cortisol sensitivity by examining one's own natural sleep-wake cycle ... ... without enforcement (alarms etc to assist).

Implied - that sensitivity to cortisol resulting in awakening at ~3.30am - implies optimal basal sensitivity to cortisol - to stimulant - to opioid (as narcotic).

To escape the stress of mortality through completion in mind.

As ever - it is not sad when we die.
It's sad when we die without ever having lived.

Next
[ a ] Connection between cortisol and anadamide.
Taking in
[ b ] Chemical similarity between anadamide and DHEA (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2930808/bin/carcinbgq151f01_lw.jpg)

What is DHEA ?
Cortisol & DHEA: The Major Hormone Balance (http://metabolichealing.com/cortisol-dhea-the-major-hormone-balance/#)

SB_UK
10-05-15, 12:41 AM
DHEA antagonizes the effects of cortisol. DHEA is a very powerful anti-aging hormone. Low levels of DHEA are found among those with Cancer, CVD, Alzheimer's, Diabetes, Depression, Hypothyroidism and Adrenal Fatigue.Until human beings have a clear (scientifically laden) idea of what people are meant to achieve in 'this' life - there will be stress which compounds stress upon stress.
*1 through *3.
The fundamental stress (->leading to-> cortisol resistance,circadian clock resistance)*1 remains, secondary stress - volitionally attending to stressful pursuits (->leading to-> cortisol resistance,circadian clock resistance)*2 and stress relief involving pro-narcotic/pro-stimulant activities (->leading to-> cortisol resistance,circadian clock resistance)*3.

3 strikes and you're out.cortisol [male archetype] -> balance <- DHEA [female archetype]

Cortisol isn't bad.
DHEA isn't good.

Male archetype isn't bad.
Female archetype isn't good.

Balance is key.

The fundamental rubric of phenomenological reality.

Creation - the drive towards increasing informational complexity (beauty) driven by timed synchrony of subsequent (staged) evolutionary (sequential integrals) products.
Why create ? - because that's what {{{}}} does.

Ours is not to reason why in this one specific axiom - just to realise that (and then to relax and aid by ourselves contributing to sustainable development towards unimaginable beauty) it is so

- and as every child knows
Imagine a number and there'll always be a larger + 1.- integration (the time series) NEVER ends.

Imagine having a computer game in which each level is exponentially better than the last.

http://integrals.wolfram.com/Integrator/MSP/MSP23940232056362186742_83?MSPStoreType=GIF&s=3

And that is evolution.

SB_UK
10-05-15, 01:07 AM
Summarising
Have fun*1 making yourself bettter.
Have fun*2 making the collective better.

*1- the higher reward system - to acquire personal informational sensitivity
*2- mirror neurones of the reward system (to feel happy when others are happy)

The higher, social - properly human reward system
- requiring a scientfic model of understanding of the nature of reality and human context.
Head 'straight'
Rational faith
'Go' create

SB_UK
10-05-15, 01:17 AM
Bliss has only ever been associated with 1 thing.

Stairway to Heaven

In the waiting line
Waiting -> purgatory

New Day rising

Nocturn

If I ever lose my faith

Species-wide enlightenment*1/resurrection*2 to a life worth and worthy of living; to align oneself with the fundamentally unknowable creative impulse and not the other.

integral x^1.dx = x^2/2
integral x^2.dx = x^3/3
integral x^3.dx = x^4/4
... ... ...

*1 - Eastern model - rational
*2 - Western model - morality

Abi
10-08-15, 12:37 AM
Thread closed for review.

Abi
10-24-15, 08:49 AM
Thread re-opened. Please stick to the topic. Thank you.

mildadhd
10-24-15, 12:48 PM
I miss SB_UK, already.

He is my only friend on earth who has attempted to use the 7 capitalized emotional-affective terminologies, to discuss the most solid and up to date biology of emotions with me.

While SB_UK prefers no blankets, and I prefer heavy blankets.

Our conversations are becoming so neurophysiologically fascinating, if the reader reads our discussions with both bottomup feeling and topdown thinking, in MindBrain.

Anandamide is involved. (Literally and figuratively)

P

mildadhd
10-24-15, 01:50 PM
I need to learn more about the PLAY system and anandamide.

P