View Full Version : Anyone anxious about their child's ADD/ADHD?

Khizer
10-06-15, 12:15 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to offer a sympathetic ear to parents who are feeling anxious about their child's inability to focus. I've been singing and playing guitar fluently for 10 years, and have had ADHD. I would like to help kids find a way to get their focus back using the guitar, and help their parents feel at ease; ideally through just a different perspective and a different way of thinking for their child.

I'm currently just playing with the idea of teaching kids how to play the guitar and sing at the same time, so I have nothing to sell. Instead I'm looking to gain some insights in to real parents' views while giving them some help in return. If that sounds useful to you, then please drop me a message.

Lunacie
10-06-15, 02:12 PM
Hi there,

I wanted to offer a sympathetic ear to parents who are feeling anxious about their child's inability to focus. I've been singing and playing guitar fluently for 10 years, and have had ADHD. I would like to help kids find a way to get their focus back using the guitar, and help their parents feel at ease; ideally through just a different perspective and a different way of thinking for their child.

I'm currently just playing with the idea of teaching kids how to play the guitar and sing at the same time, so I have nothing to sell. Instead I'm looking to gain some insights in to real parents' views while giving them some help in return. If that sounds useful to you, then please drop me a message.

Naturally parents are anxious when they learn their child has a mental
disorder that probably will never go away.

The problem is not that our kids (or us) can't focus. It's that we can't control
when we focus, for how long, on what, or switch focus easily.

Some have said that meditation is helpful, or that finding an interest can be
helpful. I'm glad you've found your focus and that it helps you. I find that hand drumming helps me. Along with taking Omega 3 and Vitamin B12.
Many people are helped by meds, which gives the chance to learn coping
skills.