View Full Version : Hallucinations and impairments?

mildadhd
10-11-15, 01:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgOTaXhbqPQ

If some types of hallucinations are associated with visual impairments?

Are there some types of hallucinations associated with self-regulation impairments?

(Superduperlayhuman)

P

Impromptu_DTour
10-11-15, 02:14 AM
Well, I think every hallucinogen will impair self-regulation when a specific amount is introduced into someones system. This will also depend on the individuals mental and physical thresholds.

Not really sure what you're trying to get at though. I'm interpreting "Are there any hallucinogens that will inhibit decision making/ executive function?". To which I would say, depends on concentration, environment, intention, and individual threshold.

Are you interested in a specific interval of time? Just considering "under the influence"?. Or are you speculating about after effects? Or more longitudinal stuff?

mildadhd
10-11-15, 03:49 AM
There are types of hallucinations associated with some visual impairments. (Not caused by substance use/abuse)

I am wondering if there types of hallucinations associated with some self-regulation impairments?

P

Visual release hallucinations, also known as Charles Bonnet syndrome (CBS), is the experience of complex visual hallucinations in a person with partial or severe blindness...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_release_hallucinations

Impromptu_DTour
10-11-15, 04:13 AM
So you're curious if there are "hallucinations" which can affect our (impaired) thoughtful, and mindful behaviors, much in the same way visual hallucinations affect the blind?

mildadhd
10-11-15, 11:47 AM
So you're curious if there are "hallucinations" which can affect our (impaired) thoughtful, and mindful behaviors, much in the same way visual hallucinations affect the blind?

Real visual hallucinations are associated with real visual impairments, that are not considered mental disorders.

What can we learn about other real impairments (misc treatment approaches, etc) , by understanding associated types of hallucinations?

P

mildadhd
10-11-15, 12:06 PM
What are the differences between visual hallucinations and other hallucinations?

P

mildadhd
10-11-15, 12:19 PM
There are..

-Sensory impairments
-Homeostatic impairments
-Emotional impairments

Are there..

-Sensory hallucinations
-Homeostatic hallucinations
-Emotional hallucinations

P