View Full Version : Need to lose weight - very, very quickly!!!

Fuzzy12
10-12-15, 04:38 AM
(Wasn't sure where to post this as it concerns both nutrition and exercise, mods, please move if necessary).

I've put on tons of weight in the last 3 months (since quitting meds and smoking) and especially, in the last 2 weeks. It's a huge problem since I'm still hobbling on crutches (ankle sprain) and my left foot just isn't able to cope with the sudden weight gain all on its own. It is starting to ache almost as much as my right sprained ankle foot.

So, I absolutely need to lose weight but there are a few complicating issues:

1. I can't really exercise much (sprained ankle, still can't bear any weight). I'm wondering if maybe I should just walk tons with the crutches and bear the pain in my left foot. I guess, it won't wear out or anything..or will it?

2. Can neither cook much nor go shopping. Hubby is in charge of all of that now and we are trying to keep it as simple as possible. Rice and pulses, some veggies mostly and a bit of salad (and cereals in the morning). I guess, I could substitute rice with boulgar or brown rice at least but it would mean that hubby will have to go shopping and he's super busy at the moment (especially since he has to drop and pick me up from work every day).

(Just had a brilliant idea. I could just order online!!! )

3. I'm still taking ibuprofen, which gives me heart burn and nausea if I don't eat enough bulk (cereals in the morning normally help). Maybe I should start taking milk thistle to protect my liver though I think it's relatively easy on the liver actually. I've been taking it every day for 2 weeks now though.

4. I'm super frustrated and super bored so I'm comfort eating. What's worse is that I'm craving sweets like crazy...ALL the time. I know the cravings will reduce once I start reducing sugar but I've never been good at resisting temptation.

5. I've got very little time since I'm super busy at work and sine I can't walk everything takes forever.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding super easy meals prepare (that don't require much walking, standing or moving about) and any exercise I can do that don't involve putting weight on my right foot. I guess swimming would be great but it's impossible to get to the pool at the moment. It would have to be something that I can quickly do at home.

stef
10-12-15, 04:44 AM
Can you do abdominal crunches or situps? that wouldn't put much weight on your ankle.

Don't walk on it without crutches if it hurts and is still swollen :grouphug:

Abi
10-12-15, 04:48 AM
I had a severely sprained ankle a couple of months ago.

I didn't get crutches though. Just popped opioids (prescribed of course). And Ibuprofren as well.

Abi
10-12-15, 05:14 AM
Atkins works in the short term, but it can't really be done by a veggie. (Regardless of what SB says.)

Abi
10-12-15, 05:16 AM
Fuzzy: Yummy beef :p

Fuzzy12
10-12-15, 06:49 AM
Fuzzy: Yummy beef :p

Pffft :cool:

I can always just drink gallons of daal ;)

Atkins, interesting. Good point. I was going to go for mainly veggies and salad but you are right, maybe I should focus on proteins. :scratch:

Stef, I try to use the crutches but you can't imagine how incredibly, mind-boggingly, soul-killingly boring it is to walk on crutches.:( Especially, at home for very short distances or when I need to carry anything that I can't fit in a shoulder bag (like liquids:rolleyes:). Stupidly, I've got this additional problem now that because of the extra weight walking on crutches (i.e. mainly my left left supported by a bit of arm strength) is pretty painful.

I'm trying to use them more again though because hobbling with my bad ankle, or even worse, hopping on one leg, seems to be doing terrible things to my neck, i.e. it's making the neck torticollis worse again.:rolleyes:

Abdominal crunches are a great idea!! I guess, I can also do exercises like raising my arms while holding hand weights (I bought these little weights years ago thinking I can build muscles while just sitting down or watching TV and obviously, I've never used them till now..:D)

stef
10-12-15, 06:59 AM
The crunches really work!!!!
you won't notice right away, but then all of the sudden one day you'll realize you feel fitter.

Unmanagable
10-12-15, 10:39 AM
Protein intake is a myth. Been there, lived it. Nothing else that was tried purposely for the goal of weight loss has EVER worked for me, not even short term. NOTHING. Atkins, paleo, Mediterranean, weight watchers, jenny craig, etc., etc.

Plant-based whole foods - mostly locally and organically grown whenever possible, warm lemon/ginger water in the mornings, more water in the morning and throughout the day - from a good clean source, lots of fruit in the morning and afternoon - bananas are like the steak of the fruit world in my life, purposeful large intake of leafy green veggies in the afternoon and evening with a non store bought dressing, steamed or roasted veggies for the last meal of the day, along with lentils, split green peas, or chickpeas if you like.

Organic whenever possible. If you must have bread, wheat is recommended, or the sprouted varieties, and toasted. Transition gradually, or you'll make yourself miserable and give up. If you have a craving for something else, go ahead and eat it, but eat it with a big green salad to help eliminate it. Healthy elimination is key.

Mucus-less and mucus-lean foods have made it possible for my body to release years of what is so lovingly labeled as morbid obesity......within a 6 month time span. Speaking solely from personal experience here that has blown my f'n mind and pleased me to no end.

Also, put a step stool at your toilet to simulate the squatting position when eliminating waste. You'd be amazed at how much of a difference it can make. I'm convinced all of the above was key in me losing 65 lbs. in a 6 month time span. It was rapid loss, but done healthily, so it didn't feel drastic. I'm now in the same size I was wearing in high school, which is still considered large by most in society, and I had totally given up hope of ever knowing what it felt like to be that size again, not to mention have long since given all those clothes away. Dammit.

There were some difficult and scary moments experienced during some of the heavier release stages, but after shoving unhealthy food-like substances, prescription meds and over the counter synthetic substances, drinking flouride, waste, and pill filled water, and absorbing a ton of other toxic products throughout my 40+ years, I can't expect there NOT to be at least a few bumps in my road to wellville. Didn't get in such rough shape overnight, won't be resolved overnight.

All of that weight was lost with minimal purposeful exercise, especially in the beginning. That spoke volumes to me about just how much toxic food-like substances blows our bodies up.

There's yoga positions you could try that doesn't require standing. Legs up the wall is the first that comes to mind. You'd be elevating your foot, too. Those positions can help keep you limber and relieve stress. Remember to breathe. Look up chair exercises and go from there. Many forms of exercise can be adapted to a seated position.

Corina86
10-12-15, 02:23 PM
I wouldn't focus on exercising if I were you. Strength exercises help you build muscles, but you don't lose that much weight. Especially since upper-body muscles don't use up too many calories anyway. Not to mention that you need to save the energy to use the crutches- you don't want muscle pain in your arms right now. Cardio would help, but it's out of the question in your condition. So, you have to focus on food.

It seems that your diet consists mostly of carbs (rice, cereal), which is more likely to cause spikes and drops in insulin levels, which, in turn, causes food craving. More protein, such as light meat, fish, beans of all sorts, vegetables would be better, but they do require more cooking and/or more money.

If you need the painkillers, but they're bad for your stomach, you could consider anti-acid pills (talk to the doctor).

As for the comfort-eating, I have no solution for that. Tea helps me a bit because it's taste seems to trick my brain into thinking that at least I'm ingesting something.

Please forget the idea of quick weight-loss- there's no healthy way to do it. Even the unhealthy ways only work short-term, after that the weight often comes back worse. It just doesn't happen- if there was a way, everyone would be using it.

Fuzzy12
10-12-15, 03:26 PM
Great idea @ beans. I'd completely forgotten we still might have some canned beans at home (and pretty much nothing else apart from rice and stuff that needs lots of cooking.:rolleyes:)

I'm looking for a quick solution now. I can properly lose weight or fat or whatever later. Right now, I just need to be a lot lighter because my left leg and foot aren't able to.carry my weight. Even if I just lose water weight it would be fine.

The quickest way would be to just starve myself for a couple of days but I doubt I can pull that off at the moment. I need a bit of strength and I need to take ibuprofen with food.

You are right though. I can't do enough exercise to lose weight leg alone quickly. Also, my wry neck seems to be coming back. I'm losing mobility and flexibility again in my neck.

Annoyingly I don't even have time to shop online. I'm so busy at work. The only thing we really have at home is rice...

And someone ran into our car tonight so hubby is busy sorting that out...oh boy.. This really isn't our season. :doh:

TangledWebs
10-12-15, 05:20 PM
Fish packets are simple to make and very healthy. You need aluminum foil, fish, and veggies (e.g., onions, tomatoes, peppers). Chop up the veggies and season. Place the fish on the squares of aluminum foil, brush with olive oil, and season. Spoon the veggies on top of the fish, wrap everything up in the aluminum foil, and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 450.

What about Pilates? Injured dancers used to do Pilates to stay in shape.

Fuzzy12
10-12-15, 06:22 PM
Fish would perfect but I don't eat it (I'm a vegetarian).:scratch:

I don't think my ankle is up for pilates. I just got confused and put weight on the wrong foot, ie the injured one. That was not fun.:umm1:

I doubt it's really possible to lose enough weight quickly enough. Though considering that my ankle doesn't seem to be healing at all I probably do have more time..:rolleyes:

I'm such an idiot to put on so much weight in 3 months.:(

Il

TangledWebs
10-12-15, 06:40 PM
Aww, you're not an idiot, Fuzzy! You weaned off your medication and you quit smoking. You also sprained your ankle, so you haven't been getting much physical activity. Anyone would gain weight. You'll be able to drop the weight. Stay positive.

VeryTired
10-12-15, 07:11 PM
Fuzzy--

Today I was in an airport and I saw something that made me think of you. A woman with an ankle cast had a kind of scooter/walker-like device. Her knee of the injured leg rested on a kind of seat or support, there were handlebars to hold, and she walked with her good leg. I am not describing it well, and i think it's not allowed to post links here to commercial sites. But google "alternatives to crutches" and you'll see what I mean.

Trying to lose weight fast is not such a great idea--and not so easily done. But maybe an alternative technology will help you achieve what you want?

BellaVita
10-12-15, 07:52 PM
To help me lose weight, I had to cut my calories to 1/4 the amount I was used to.

Very difficult at first, but you honestly do get used to it. I think your stomach shrinks to a smaller size and adjusts to the new way of eating.

The easiest, best meal that really makes you feel full is warm oatmeal.
Some things I added to it:
-Pure maple syrup
-unsweetened cocoa and some sugar to make a chocolatey taste (helps with sugar cravings!)
-brown sugar (raisins optional)

Making the oatmeal with half water half milk (I used almond milk) can help it to fill you up and the milk coats your stomach for heart burn.

Another favorite:
Steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower made in the microwave. Add a hint of butter to mix in once heated, sprinkle with lemon pepper. (I also added crushed red pepper for a spicy taste)

I watched a video recently that did studies that showed that reducing calories is what's important to losing weight. If you exercise and still eat lots, then you won't lose weight.

Drinking different flavored teas throughout the day helps to curb appetite, and the warm drink makes you feel full.

Also drinking some water when you're hungry, or my favorite a cup of almond milk, helps.

Best of luck to you!!!

aeon
10-12-15, 08:28 PM
Exercise if you like, or not.

But if you want to lose weight, it is really quite simple...eat less.

How much less? Figure out your BMR (http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/) and consume 200 calories less than that amount.

Why 200? Because it is enough to lose weight, but will not trigger your bodyís alarm bell that you are in some kind of starvation.

And in no case go any lower than 1200 calories without consultation of your doctor.

The above has worked for me. That said, I wasnít trying to lose weight, I was just heartbroken and didnít feel like eating (or much else).

Cheers,
Ian

phantasm
10-12-15, 09:01 PM
(Wasn't sure where to post this as it concerns both nutrition and exercise, mods, please move if necessary).

I've put on tons of weight in the last 3 months (since quitting meds and smoking) and especially, in the last 2 weeks. It's a huge problem since I'm still hobbling on crutches (ankle sprain) and my left foot just isn't able to cope with the sudden weight gain all on its own. It is starting to ache almost as much as my right sprained ankle foot.

So, I absolutely need to lose weight but there are a few complicating issues:

1. I can't really exercise much (sprained ankle, still can't bear any weight). I'm wondering if maybe I should just walk tons with the crutches and bear the pain in my left foot. I guess, it won't wear out or anything..or will it?

2. Can neither cook much nor go shopping. Hubby is in charge of all of that now and we are trying to keep it as simple as possible. Rice and pulses, some veggies mostly and a bit of salad (and cereals in the morning). I guess, I could substitute rice with boulgar or brown rice at least but it would mean that hubby will have to go shopping and he's super busy at the moment (especially since he has to drop and pick me up from work every day).

(Just had a brilliant idea. I could just order online!!! )

3. I'm still taking ibuprofen, which gives me heart burn and nausea if I don't eat enough bulk (cereals in the morning normally help). Maybe I should start taking milk thistle to protect my liver though I think it's relatively easy on the liver actually. I've been taking it every day for 2 weeks now though.

4. I'm super frustrated and super bored so I'm comfort eating. What's worse is that I'm craving sweets like crazy...ALL the time. I know the cravings will reduce once I start reducing sugar but I've never been good at resisting temptation.

5. I've got very little time since I'm super busy at work and sine I can't walk everything takes forever.

Does anyone have any ideas regarding super easy meals prepare (that don't require much walking, standing or moving about) and any exercise I can do that don't involve putting weight on my right foot. I guess swimming would be great but it's impossible to get to the pool at the moment. It would have to be something that I can quickly do at home.

Hey Fuzz! I apologize in advance for not reading all the posts in the event I am redundant, but I feel the same way. I just started doing dietbet .com. You bet against yourself and win a portion of the pot if you reach your goal weight for the game. It is really motivating, and there's all kinds of support. You can look it up. I've lost 4 pounds so far, and am 1 pound away from reaching my first game goal. Check it out!

Regardless, I can be your motivator buddy if you want one. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport040.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

acdc01
10-12-15, 09:02 PM
Mucus-less and mucus-lean foods have made it possible for my body to release years of what is so lovingly labeled as morbid obesity......within a 6 month time span.

What are mucus-less and mucus-lean foods?

I like VeryTired's suggestion of alternative technology to keep weight off your foot.

Unmanagable
10-12-15, 09:23 PM
What are mucus-less and mucus-lean foods?

I can't post the link because they have books you can purchase, but the info can be found at mucus free life .com, if you'd like to learn more about it. Here's the list I use as a guide:

ACID-BINDING, NON-MUCUS-FORMING, OR MUCUSLESS (MUCUS-FREE) FOODS

GREEN LEAF VEGETABLES (MUCUSLESS)

Arugula
Bok Choi
Cabbage
Collard
Dandelion Leaf
Kale
Leafy Herbs (Basil, Parsley, Cilantro, Rosemary, Thyme, etc.)
Lettuce (Green, Red, Romaine, Boston Bibb, Iceberg)
Mustard
Spinach
Swiss chard
Turnip
Watercress

RAW VEGETABLES/ROOT, STEM, FRUIT (ALL OR RELATIVELY STARCHLESS/MUCUSLESS)

Asparagus
Black Radish, with skin
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Celery
Cucumbers
Dandelion
Dill
Endives
Green Onions
Horse Radish, with skin
Leeks
Onions
Peppers (Green, Red, Yellow, or Orange)
Red Beets
Red Cabbage
Rhubarb
Sea Vegetables
Sprouts (Alfalfa, Brassica, Green-Leaf, Radish)
Sugar Beets
Tomatoes
Young Radish
Zucchini

BAKED VEGETABLES ROOT, STEM, FRUIT (ALL OR RELATIVELY STARCHLESS/MUCUSLESS)

Acorn Squash (Baked)
Asparagus
Broccoli (Baked or Steamed)
Brussels Sprouts (Steamed)
Butternut Squash (Baked)
Carrots (Steamed)
Cauliflower (Steamed or Baked)
Green Peas (Steamed)
Pumpkins (Baked or Steamed)
Spaghetti Squash (Baked)
Sweet Potato (Baked)
Zucchini (Steamed or Baked)

RIPE FRUITS (MUCUSLESS)

Apples
Apricots
Banana
Black Cherries
Blackberries
Blood Orange
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Grapefruit
Grapes
Honeybell Tangelos
Honeydew
Lemons
Mandarin
Mangos
Nectarine
Oranges
Papaya
Peaches
Pears
Pineapple
Plums
Pomegranates
Prunes
Raisins
Raspberries
Sour Cherries
Strawberries
Sweet Cherries
Sweet Cherries
Tangerines
Tangerines
Watermelon

DRIED OR BAKED FRUITS (MUCUSLESS)

Apples
Apricots
Bananas
Blueberries
Cherries
Cranberries
Currants
Currants, (Dried)
Dates
Dates, (Dried)
Figs
Figs (Dried)
Grapes/raisins
Kiwi
Mango
Peaches
Pears
Pineapple
Plums/prunes
Strawberries

100% FRUIT JELLIES, SYRUPS, AND HONEY

Agave Nectar
Coconut Water
Fruit Jellies (no sugar added)
Maple Syrup (100%, no preservatives)
Molasses (no preservatives)
Honey (bee)

Powderbucket
10-13-15, 09:35 AM
I did the banting thing with running and my weight fell off. I didn't overly "bant" though and I had good carbs in the morning and I also kept high fats to a minimum.

It's a good idea to do at least 20 minutes of cardio and then to pair it with stomach-muscle exercises. Your body needs more calories to keep muscle so more muscle means you'll naturally burn more calories through the day. Hence why body builders have to eat so much.

Now I have a super fast metabolism and love eating because it stays off.

Joker_Girl
10-14-15, 11:37 PM
To help me lose weight, I had to cut my calories to 1/4 the amount I was used to.

:eek:

1/4?!?!?!?

Oh my goodness......aren't you STARVING?!??!?

I have tried to drop down to 800 calories/day to lose weight, but tbh, after a few days, I become very attuned to food smells, someone eating, food being unwrapped, the fridge opening, and food commercials.

And it's hard to get people to believe me when I say, "I'm not hungry," because I'm, you know, watching every bite they take, and drooling. And my stomach is always growling when I'm hungry. ALWAYS. It's ridiculous.

I do believe your stomach shrinks though, if you're not eating as much. Because if I have a big meal, the next day I'm really hungry.

I'm a fan of oatmeal, too. Warm and filling.

I CAN'T go to sleep hungry, though.

Fuzzy12
10-19-15, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry for wasting your time. I've given up really on losing weight for now. Maybe when I can walk again. I'm so hungry all the time and I'm craving sugar like crazy. Pfft..it's just tough luck for my left foot. I don't care anymore.

sarahsweets
10-19-15, 12:32 PM
Heres a thought....
You are beautiful, gorgeous,poignant,present,empathetic,sympathetic,a good listener,intelligent,thoughtful,of sound mind,wise,witty,funny,emotional,and spectacular. F**k anyone who thinks differently and if those demons are making you think mean things in your head, f**k them too.

Fuzzy12
10-19-15, 12:42 PM
Thanks Sarah...the problem is with my leg not being able to bear all the additional weight anymore...:scratch:;)

Little Missy
10-19-15, 12:47 PM
Thanks Sarah...the problem is with my leg not being able to bear all the additional weight anymore...:scratch:;)

But, it will again. It will.

Fuzzy12
10-19-15, 01:53 PM
But, it will again. It will.

I mean, the leg with the good ankle, not the sprained one. It has to do almost double the work now and it's aching like crazy. At the end of the day it aches more than my sprained ankle.:doh:

I used to get this when I was younger as well because my weight fluctuated so much. Every time j crash dieted and most lots of weight, I eventually piled it on again in record time and then got this stabbing pain in my legs every time I tried to walk..it would take my body some time to get used to the additional weight.

BellaVita
10-19-15, 06:15 PM
:eek:

1/4?!?!?!?

Oh my goodness......aren't you STARVING?!??!?

I have tried to drop down to 800 calories/day to lose weight, but tbh, after a few days, I become very attuned to food smells, someone eating, food being unwrapped, the fridge opening, and food commercials.

And it's hard to get people to believe me when I say, "I'm not hungry," because I'm, you know, watching every bite they take, and drooling. And my stomach is always growling when I'm hungry. ALWAYS. It's ridiculous.

I do believe your stomach shrinks though, if you're not eating as much. Because if I have a big meal, the next day I'm really hungry.

I'm a fan of oatmeal, too. Warm and filling.

I CAN'T go to sleep hungry, though.

I was eating a TON before I started losing weight, I was stress eating. Sometimes I'd go through a jar of Nutella in two days, all while eating throughout the day.

:o

Now I eat around almost nearly half the calories that I used to(instead of 1/4), I'm sure to eat things with protein in them to keep me full.

It still works to keep the weight off.

I can't go to bed hungry either, I usually have to eat toast or something before sleep.

Your stomach does shrink, I'm used to eating this much now.

I am going to introduce some small snacks to eat between meals if I need it, because I am needing my blood sugar to not dip. I used to do that when I was a kid, told to by the doctor because I would get shaky in between meals. I guess I'm still the same. :)

Socaljaxs
11-06-15, 07:14 PM
How's the ankle doing now? I see this is a few weeks old, but if still interested in this while it heals it may be something to look into.. If not maybe someone else might find it useful:o but as far as carrying extra weight whiled injured it's is really brutal. I gained (suffered physically more because of extra weight) a ton of weight 60 lbs give or take with my back problems over a few years of non activity.. I ordered deliver often cause I couldn't stand long enough or bend properly to cook or even lift heavy to bring in groceries.. Or microwaved meals so I totally understand how hard it is when hurting too... :grouphug:

I will say and I've heard this many times also, that losing weight is done In the kitchen not at the gym,. Until, I stepped my eating habits up and took back control of what I put inside my body. I.... I work out daily and unless my diet is in tact, I tone yes but the fat on my body covers it right up:faint::eyebrow: for me what worked and I've tried a lot of different weight loss programs too.... I personally right now use my fitness pal to track calories and Macros.. It helps to kept track and the scanner is easy I just scan and it pops up what the nutritional contents are. It's free so I like it better haha. But, if right now you still can't cook and get groceries, which even though I looked into home delivery it didn't happen when, I couldn't move... Maybe and idea is to look into meal prep companies.. Not even nurtra-something (can't for the life of me remember the name of the company) that's on tv all the time.. cause that may be gross, but local meal prep companies that prepare and portion control real food may be something to look into. It is cheaper than take out, and someone does the work for you and it is portion controlled and calorie/carb or what you need tailored to your individual needs.. Being a vegetarian they also Will customize to your needs as well.. Some are you go online and pick what you want for the week and that's it.. Something to think about

aeon
11-06-15, 07:40 PM
...losing weight is done In the kitchen not at the gym...

Word. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, trying to take your money, or both.

Cheers,
Ian

BellaVita
11-06-15, 11:46 PM
Word. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, trying to take your money, or both.

Cheers,
Ian

Guess I was ignorant for quite a while, I didn't find out that it is about the food you eat and not how much exercise you do until this year when I watched a Health Care Triage video. :o

dvdnvwls
11-07-15, 01:05 AM
Sometimes a dramatic example catches my attention... this was one of them...

A rower in the big olympic event (that is, a strong person working their body about as hard as it can be worked for about as long as it can be worked without collapsing) burns the calories of about one regular chocolate bar.

Fuzzy12
11-08-15, 06:42 AM
How's the ankle doing now? I see this is a few weeks old, but if still interested in this while it heals it may be something to look into.. If not maybe someone else might find it useful:o but as far as carrying extra weight whiled injured it's is really brutal. I gained (suffered physically more because of extra weight) a ton of weight 60 lbs give or take with my back problems over a few years of non activity.. I ordered deliver often cause I couldn't stand long enough or bend properly to cook or even lift heavy to bring in groceries.. Or microwaved meals so I totally understand how hard it is when hurting too... :grouphug:

I will say and I've heard this many times also, that losing weight is done In the kitchen not at the gym,. Until, I stepped my eating habits up and took back control of what I put inside my body. I.... I work out daily and unless my diet is in tact, I tone yes but the fat on my body covers it right up:faint::eyebrow: for me what worked and I've tried a lot of different weight loss programs too.... I personally right now use my fitness pal to track calories and Macros.. It helps to kept track and the scanner is easy I just scan and it pops up what the nutritional contents are. It's free so I like it better haha. But, if right now you still can't cook and get groceries, which even though I looked into home delivery it didn't happen when, I couldn't move... Maybe and idea is to look into meal prep companies.. Not even nurtra-something (can't for the life of me remember the name of the company) that's on tv all the time.. cause that may be gross, but local meal prep companies that prepare and portion control real food may be something to look into. It is cheaper than take out, and someone does the work for you and it is portion controlled and calorie/carb or what you need tailored to your individual needs.. Being a vegetarian they also Will customize to your needs as well.. Some are you go online and pick what you want for the week and that's it.. Something to think about

Thanks socal.great advice there. I fully agree. The fastest way to.lose weight is through modifying your diet.

My ankle unfortunately seems to be getting worse. I've started putting more weight on it again as per physio's instructions so maybe it needs to get worse first before it gets better. I'm still limping big time. I'm seeing my physio tomorrow so let's see.

The weight situation isn't so dire anymore. I've started taking my meds again and they are keepijg the vinge eating and sugar cravings in check. Also, since I'm not hopping anymore on my good leg but trying to walk on both legs with the crutches it's not anymore my good leg, which just has to bear all the weight.

Also, we've hardly had any food at home because I haven't been able to go shopping. Just rice and pulses really...:lol:

I finally ordered groceries online so next week when I'll be mainly at home I'll have to watch my intake.

Fuzzy12
11-08-15, 06:44 AM
Sometimes a dramatic example catches my attention... this was one of them...

A rower in the big olympic event (that is, a strong person working their body about as hard as it can be worked for about as long as it can be worked without collapsing) burns the calories of about one regular chocolate bar.

An Olympic rower would lose less calories though than me doing the same exercise...:lol:

(I know what you mean though)

BellaVita
11-10-15, 02:53 AM
Here's another thing:
Earlier I wanted to have hot chocolate with a couple marshmallows, so had that instead of one of my meals.

It worked, so that way I had what I wanted without too many extra calories.