View Full Version : BARR labs generic tabs; what is going on here?!?!

hutch1
10-13-15, 08:27 PM
Hey all. I wana make this brief.

Last night i got my script filled for 60 10mg ir dex tabs, switched back from adderall because I get a MASSIVE crash on it.

Well when I go to cvs to fill it, they give me my orange little babies (barr generic dex 10mg ir tabs) just like I had gotten before. Last year I was getting corepharma dex, and then cvs just randomly started filling it with barr. I was on klonopin heavy at the time and dont remember much of how it felt now I am just on dex.

Well I pop 2 and After about 30 min i experience a disorientated euphoria, followed by a mellow state. This was to compare these tabs to the 20mg corepharma generic adderall i have been getting.

This morning, I pop one, followed by one more 4 hrs later and all there was to show for it was how extremely ****** off i became. i felt like a pmsing *****, i yelled at my girlfriend for no reason and when i left my moms house to gp back to mine (just was visiting) i almost broke down into tears which would NEVER happen.

What the hell is up? I felt quite whacked off these things. During thr day i experienced two spells where I was STARVING so hungry id eat a horse.

anyone else here taking barr dex 10mg? the **** is going on. now im out a month of meds cause of this bull.

Greyhound1
10-13-15, 09:58 PM
I experienced the same thing when I switched from Adderall IR to Dextro. IR. I had been on Adderall IR 40 mg/day and Dr. switched me to 40 mg/day of Dextro. I started to quickly notice how irritable and angry it could make me. I believe that when Dextro dose is too high, irritability is a pretty common side effect.

I started cutting back on my dose and have had much better results. I have found that 15mg in the morning and 5 mg. in afternoon has worked the best. Basically, half of the effective dose I needed of Adderall to work best for me. You may want to discuss it with your Dr.

I have found that with stimulants less can sometimes, also mean more. Good luck with it and welcome to the forum!

hutch1
10-14-15, 11:04 AM
Thank you very much for the useful reply.

What kind of eating schedule should I maintain on dex for maximum effectiveness? I have a very fast metabolism and I took 10mg this morning and am currently feeling quite exhausted... I did not have time to eat breakfast.

Greyhound1
10-14-15, 02:02 PM
My Dr. recommended I take Dex. first thing in the morning on empty stomach followed by a protein rich meal about an hour later

hutch1
10-14-15, 02:46 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

My Dr doesn't really know much about stimulant medications, and just wrote me adderall in 5th grade when I was diagnosed not knowing there was so much more to consider.

I think tomorrow I am going to try 5mg morning and 5mg later and see how that works out... just going to play with the schedule myself.

Also very curious what other people's dosing regiments are. I am 150 lbs 6ft if that means anything.

hutch1
10-14-15, 02:50 PM
My bad for double post, but I have an EXTREMELY hard time balancing doses, IE sometimes I get euphoric followed by angry depression (NOT fun at all. down phase way outweighs the high). I just want to be able to focus clearly throughout the day without medication induced ups and downs (have tried vyvanse, for me it is just a longer cycle of normal dex).

Maybe taking 5mg or even 2.5mg every hr/2hrs? The effects seem to wear off for me in 2-3 hrs.

Greyhound1
10-14-15, 06:49 PM
My bad for double post, but I have an EXTREMELY hard time balancing doses, IE sometimes I get euphoric followed by angry depression (NOT fun at all. down phase way outweighs the high). I just want to be able to focus clearly throughout the day without medication induced ups and downs (have tried vyvanse, for me it is just a longer cycle of normal dex).

Maybe taking 5mg or even 2.5mg every hr/2hrs? The effects seem to wear off for me in 2-3 hrs.

I think most of this is probably the initial euphoria of a new stimulant. I noticed euphoria immediately upon switching even after 2 years of Adderall 7 days a week. I would call your Dr. and make sure they are ok with you adjusting to a lower dose.

The best things which have worked for me are.
1. Dex. in morning on empty stomach with a lot of water.
2. Hour later eat a high protein meal. Be careful with sports protein powders. Many contain additional amino acids which act as stimulants and a lot have vitamin c.
3. Stay hydrated!! Drink more water than you think.
4. I also try and avoid c and citric until in the evening.
4. I would also suggest avoiding all caffeine at first. Sometimes it can work well for me and other times it's terrible. The only time caffeine seems to help me is when my Dex. feels like it's almost worn off. Normally, I will skip my noon dose if I am going to have caffeine with lunch.
5. Work on developing good sleeping and eating habits.
6. Exercise
That's all I try to do. It seems to give me the best results, I have been able to achieve with Dextro.

Abcdef
10-14-15, 08:24 PM

Everything Greyhound mentioned is very good advice.

You need to eat and drink at regular intervals for the meds to be effective, don't ever skip meals or dehydrate yourself.

Exercise is good, but too much is also a bad thing. The other day I hyper-focused too much on cardio and before you know it, an hour of HIIT had rendered my meds completely useless, shortly after I felt aggression alright.....

Remember it has to get processed in your stomach first before it reaches the brain.

Compare it to shoveling coal into a steam train. Too much-too fast will burn you out- a high peak followed by a sudden drop. Slow and steady wins the race.

I find my meds much more effective after 45-60mns of taking food.....but different courses for different horses....these things vary depending on the individual.