View Full Version : How do I know if my dosage is correct?

ShinyObj...FOX!
10-15-15, 02:56 PM
I just started today on 36mg of generic Concerta ER. I've never taken any drugs for my ADHD before but life was finally catching up with me and at 34 I decided it was time to see a Dr.

Today I had a small boost in awareness and confidence from about 8am-2pm but I did not feel there was any improvement in my ability to focus. Additionally, the affects went away around 2pm which is too soon in my opinion as I need to at least be able to get through the work day before it wears off.

Some bits of information that may be helpful:

I'm a big guy, 6'2" and 350 lbs...I don't know if size affects dosage but I figured I would put it out there
At times I felt slightly paranoid that people I was talking with would know something was off about me...is this something that will go away as I get used to the affects?
When I felt the effects I tried to get myself to settle down and focus but was not successful
As the medicine has worn off I've noticed a very slight vision blur when I'm not looking directly at something

Based on the above, would you say the dosage is correct? I have a follow up appointment with my Dr in two weeks to check in on things but I'd like to be able to learn more about how this is working as I learn to try and work with it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

ShinyObj...FOX!
10-16-15, 12:10 PM
Day 2 Update:

I didn't really feel anything at all today. I'm guessing my dosage is too low but I know it's important to titrate up to higher dosages so I'll keep taking the prescribed amount (36mg) until my next doctor visit in two weeks.

I couldn't fall asleep at all last night even though the effects of the medicine seemed to dissipate around 2pm yesterday. I normally go to bed around 9pm but didn't go down until nearly 11pm last night and I didn't fall asleep until closer to 3am and still got up around 7am. Perhaps the lack of sleep has something to do with why I'm not feeling much of anything today.

I tried drinking a cup of coffee to see if that would help at all but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.