View Full Version : Issues with having any part of your head touched?

midnightstar
10-18-15, 04:17 PM
Anyone else have problems with having any part of their head touched?

I even can't tolerate having my hair cut or having that thing done at the optician where they blow air into your eyes to test your eyes :faint:

Unmanagable
10-18-15, 05:09 PM
I'm the opposite. I melt when someone else washes my hair, or brushes it, or massages my scalp. However, I can't keep my hair up in a ponytail or a clip for very long because my scalp is so sensitive. Hats have to be "just right" also.

dvdnvwls
10-18-15, 05:22 PM
I'm more like Unmanagable is. Though I admit the ponytail is not something I've tried. :)

I do have an annoyingly sensitive gag reflex, making my dentist's job very difficult - but I think that's different.

Hmmm... maybe a little more related...

Especially if I take off my glasses, I'm over-sensitive about anything unexpected coming anywhere near my eyes.

But strangely enough, the eye doctor tests are just fine for me, because I can get ready and I know he knows what he's doing.

BellaVita
10-18-15, 05:28 PM
Especially if I take off my glasses, I'm over-sensitive about anything unexpected coming anywhere near my eyes.

And here I am always about to poke you in the eyes with something, sorry I'm so clumsy. :)

dvdnvwls
10-18-15, 05:31 PM
And here I am always about to poke you in the eyes with something, sorry I'm so clumsy. :)
You're (usually) not unexpected. ;)

Unmanagable
10-18-15, 05:53 PM
They eye thing is worst for me at mowing time, or crafting with wood and power tools time.....until I stumbled upon an old pair of amber vision aviator glasses that belonged to my late father-in-law. Those things bring about much protection from flying stuff and some amazing light show effects as a bonus. Never mind they cover half my face and I look like an alien fly. lol Maybe my alien peeps can spot me easier now. Hahahahaha!

TracyLauren
10-19-15, 01:38 PM
I'm with Unmanagable, I almost start purring if someone strokes my hair. I had it cut and styled recently and my stylist almost put me to sleep at one point because I was so relaxed. He has magic hands!

aeon
10-19-15, 09:55 PM
I’m like Unmanagable...I chill during a haircut and my pulse slows to under 60.

Years ago, I was getting my hair shampoo’d and I actually did fall asleep. It had
something to do with the warm water and the massage of the scalp.

I’m almost always the one giving a massage as opposed to receiving one, so I am
not sure where I would be on that. That said, if I am receiving a massage, I tend to
reach a point of being satisfied fairly quickly.

Warm breath in my ear makes me swoon. (good)
A tongue in my ear makes me reflex want to go into a fetal ball. (bad)

Cheers,
Ian

OhLookABunny
11-13-15, 02:41 PM
I was terribly tenderheaded as a child when my mom would wash my hair - I would squeal like a stuck pig! :D I'm sure my mom was glad when I was old enough to start washing my hair myself. Now I'm one who loves the pampering of the beauty shop, as long as the water isn't too hot, but all I have to do is let her know and it can be adjusted.

One thing that absolutely makes me batcrap crazy is bumping my head. :mad: I'm rather klutzy so this happens now and then. The doorframe of my van is one place. I don't bang it hard enough to see stars or anything, but just that stinging feeling of the scalp and skull makes me stop and clap my hand to the spot and press really hard so that the nerve impulses can't get through so much until the sting is starting to fade. And while I'm doing that I have to distract my mind and actually speak comforting things to myself as if I was my own mother! Or a coach. Like, "It's gonna be okay. There. It's fading. It's fading, right? Gonna be okay. Breathe." I was always that way about bumping my head even as a kid.

Xiang-Xiu
12-03-15, 08:25 AM
It is not just my head that I have trouble with others touching, I don't like to be touched in any way, especially hugging, unless I am given a warning so that I can have some time to prepare for the unwelcome touch. I have become a little better with this, but if someone (adult person) hugs me unexpectantly, I become rigid until the other person releases me.

Lunacie
12-03-15, 01:01 PM
I'm more like Unmanagable is. Though I admit the ponytail is not something I've tried. :)

I do have an annoyingly sensitive gag reflex, making my dentist's job very difficult - but I think that's different.

Hmmm... maybe a little more related...

But strangely enough, the eye doctor tests are just fine for me, because I can get ready and I know he knows what he's doing.

I wonder if this is how my granddaughter feels when she takes off her glasses to have them cleaned? Her script is not nearly as strong as mine, but she claims she can't see without them.

She hates to have her hair washed or brushed or cut. Hates. It. Thankfully she can wash it and brush it herself now so we are spared the meltdowns.

I can wear a ponytail, but cannot wear a headband or a hat. :confused:

stef
12-03-15, 01:15 PM
I don't like having my FACE touched.
And I also absolutely hate hats of any kind. Hairclips are fine, though. I always wear them at home.

When we got a new phone system at work my boss kept saying that I should use the headset and I finally just said NO. I mean like a toddler would say no.

BellaVita
12-03-15, 01:49 PM
I don't like having my FACE touched.
And I also absolutely hate hats of any kind. Hairclips are fine, though. I always wear them at home.

When we got a new phone system at work my boss kept saying that I should use the headset and I finally just said NO. I mean like a toddler would say no.

Oh my goodness YES!

I don't like it when ANYONE touches my face.

Nope.

Can't do it.

I feel kinda like a hypocrite though because I like touching my fiancé's face. :o

midnightstar
12-03-15, 04:05 PM
I hate having water on my face :o