View Full Version : Urgent need of doctor in DMV, Maryland.. Losing health insurance!

therealxfiles
10-20-15, 03:39 PM
Hey just found this form and maybe someone can help me.

So I have been prescribed adderal for over 8 years and I have the documents to prove this. I need to find a doctor that I can go to that won't change my plans. I take 60 IR's daily and I have been doing this for years.

Problem is I have been on my parents insurance and now I am going to maryland medicad. I thought it was all fine and dandy but my insurance just called me and told me that even though I can keep my HMO that I would have to find a new behavior health doctor through maryland medicad program.

Now I don't have the time to be going around to 50 doctors trying to find a doctor that will not change a thing. I am busy these days and frankly this whole insurance business just seems ridiculous to me.

TangledWebs
10-20-15, 04:07 PM
If you've been on 60 mgs. of Adderall IR for eight years and that is what is working for you, I don't see why a behavioral health doctor would try to change anything.

You could try to go to an Urgent Care. When I lost my health insurance, a doctor at an Urgent Care wrote me a prescription.

therealxfiles
10-20-15, 04:28 PM
My first issue seems to be to find a doctor that accepts maryland medicad. I keep calling these doctors office and they all keep saying no

therealxfiles
10-20-15, 04:47 PM
i don't think this will work. Apparently I got to go through a bunch of stuff. can I delete this post?

aeon
10-20-15, 05:06 PM
Try Zocdoc (Google it) to make your search faster.