View Full Version : i think I am getting better.

emwell
04-29-05, 03:08 AM
Last week as my husband left for work, he asked me to do two things. One was clean off the dining room table. The other was to sweep under the couch. I managed to do both and then some more before I went to bed.

I plan on telling my husband that if he wants this place clean, he needs to ask me to do certain tasks. When left on my own, nothing gets done. But I love my hubby and will do anything if he brings it to my attention.

Now when should I tell him of my new idea? LOL

aneededchange
04-29-05, 10:29 PM
Last week as my husband left for work, he asked me to do two things. One was clean off the dining room table. The other was to sweep under the couch. I managed to do both and then some more before I went to bed.

I plan on telling my husband that if he wants this place clean, he needs to ask me to do certain tasks. When left on my own, nothing gets done. But I love my hubby and will do anything if he brings it to my attention.

Now when should I tell him of my new idea? LOL
Congrats!
((it always feels good to get stuff done:D ))

Leave him a happy little note on the bathroom mirror, frig, or TV - any place he frequents.

just an Idea.

- Ane

cody's mom
05-03-05, 04:44 PM
I have tried this idea with my husband- asked him to give me a specific task to work on. But there have been times when I did not get to that task- sidetracked, of course!!!- and have felt like a child when he noticed I didn't get to it. But it is a good idea. Maybe I need to have him tie a reward to it- if I clean off the desk, he'll give me a back rub !!!

emwell
05-04-05, 03:26 AM
I am also thinking of making my own personal chore chart. I feel like a child, but this is what I may need right now.

I have been good this week. Dishes, laundry, cooking, etc. Tomorrow I organize the recycling and get it ready to go.

DaveHawk
05-05-05, 10:02 PM
In my past life if wanted to get things cleaned I would do a dobe and go to town. Now that that's behind me and i'm married with 3 son , one who has moved out, we all do our part. being in the refinishing busness I clean and restore and repair funiture for a living and when I get home at night it's the last thing I want to do is clean. I do a little but I tend to have my son's do most. I know when their gone I will be doing allot more and probably getting outside help. My wife teaches so she has little time to clean also but she stays up late and finishes what me and the boys don't get done. Usualy The wife will leave a note in the morning letting us know what needs to be done.Most of the time it gets done just so we save ourselves the hassels from the WORDEN if it's not LOL.

Nucking_Futs
05-06-05, 11:36 AM
If my husband wants me to perform a specific chore I let him know off the bat if it will fit into my schedule or not. If it doesn't well his arms aren't broken. I work two jobs, take care of three kids, a house, two dogs, a cat, fish, a husband I don't have time for a lot of extra's but when I can I do and when I can't he does.

emwell
05-07-05, 12:33 AM
I had to tell my husband the plan I had about leaving me a short list of things he thought should be done. I was discussing it with my Mom when he walked in the house. He basically compared it to leading me around by the nose. Maybe he was joking, but I didn't take it that way.

All I need is expectations. I will do the housework crap if you expect me too. My husabnd does more around the house than most men. I am grateful for that. But there are things he just doesn't do, that I do. Tell me you want your laundry put away and I will do it. Don't tell me and it won't get done.

Nucking_Futs
05-08-05, 10:13 PM
When I get the laundry folded, I usually put it away but there are days where I tell my family if you want it clean and put where you can find it you had better get your butts busy.

DaveHawk
05-09-05, 02:35 PM
LOL, My wife has us boys trailed Good! We each do our own laundry.