View Full Version : A way to live with my Ritalin side affects (warning: physical abuse)

Justalittleprob
10-26-15, 02:44 PM
I'm 28 male. I was forced to take Ritalin from the age of 9. Pinned down by the schools pinned down by my family. I was said to of had ADHD.

Basically my alcoholic father beat the ****e out of mum she had to leave we then took the beating. As we became more unsettled and energetic the teachers and parents then proceeded to pump me and my brother full of Ritalin.

Now at the age of 28. With a 13 year skilled trade a good set of friends I can honestly say I've never felt so messed up.

I can't hold down a job so I got self employed and move about 3-6months
Same with girlfriends

Emotional structure is messed up I have no consistency.

My sibling attempted and overdose this weekend and today has massively set me back. So I tried to book an appointment so I can finally find help some counselling as I'm ready to sort my dramas out.

No luck as the surgery has taken me off the list. So I have to re register with a new surgery which will take up to 5-8days before I can be Seen.

In regards of the Ritalin it killed me. My energy was never excised or challenged positively just suppressed with force fed pills. I was bloody hard work I would agree but my parents were to messed up to help us other than drugs.
The Ritalin turned me into a zombie which to the doctors teachers and parents were great,

To me and thousands of other people it was killing our energetic minds and now these years later I still find myself having massive lapses.

I don't know how many times I got to try reach out the courage and embarrassment to get the same result ending in more pills.

It's got to stop. I would love to get in touch with some Ritalin professional or voice lot with knowledge on this type of issue and look for help to move forward. I'm just a kite with a really crap anchor

Lunacie
10-26-15, 05:06 PM
Are you still taking Ritalin? There are some people who report it makes them
feel zombiefied but find that others meds are more helpful.

If you're not sure about the diagnosis, the place to start might be asking for a
psychiatric review.

Sounds like you had a very difficult childhood, and it can be hard to tell how
much of your problems are related to PTSD or if some are explained by adhd.

Socaljaxs
10-26-15, 06:43 PM
I was too diagnosed and treated but very short term on Ritalin in 5th grade. I have no idea if I was over medicated or if it was working so well. But I complained to my mom that I didn't like it and I didn't feel like myself and I felt zombie like as well(same words my mom said when we discussed it recently).. So yes I had similar zombie unme feelings from meds at age 10 at school and in my sports programs and other activities I wa involved in. It significantly resolved many of my daily struggles with ADHD. But me not feeling like myself and not being happy with medication my mom took me off it completely and I never went back on meds until 3 months ago.