View Full Version : I Faced A Fear (a phobia of mine)

BellaVita
10-30-15, 01:16 AM
I am posting to share some good news:

I recently faced a massive fear of mine, one that I never thought I'd be able to get over.

One that had caused me much distress and disability.

I'm not going to go into detail about it, especially since it might violate forum guidelines, plus it's rather personal.

But I'm just so happy.

This has been a massive trigger for me for many years.

I decided to research my fear and dive into it, discovering why I am so afraid.

I now better understand myself and feel freer.

Now, that's not to say this phobia (it is a phobia) is completely gone - but I have much better understanding of it and feel more comfortable and happy that I researched it. (I researched the topic of my phobia)

I just feel a big mind relieve.

Don't lose hope that you'll never get over a fear - many fears/phobias last a lifetime but they can also in many cases be worked on.

Sorry if there is confusion about me using fear/phobia interchangeably - a fear is much different than a phobia and mine actually is a legit phobia. I just don't have the mind power to write this thread better.

BellaVita
10-30-15, 01:22 AM
Btw - to understand how big this was for me, I used to not even be able to see the word of my phobia without having a panic attack much less research it.

So this is a very big step for me.

namazu
10-30-15, 01:38 AM
I'm glad you were able to do so, and that doing so has made you feel freer.

:grouphug:

anonymouslyadd
10-30-15, 03:04 AM
This is huge!!

:grouphug:

Pilgrim
10-30-15, 04:48 AM
Good work, Congratulations courageous.

Delphine
10-30-15, 06:10 AM
That is wonderful news! I am absolutely delighted for you! :)

I admire you for researching in the first place, even when you were terrified of the very word! You must have a strong spirit.

Great that you shared it too, and explained the intensity of it. Good to know it can be done, that we can overcome such challenges and make a better life for ourselves.

Hugs and hugs :)

stef
10-30-15, 06:33 AM
That's great!!!! I'm so proud of you :grouphug:

aeon
10-30-15, 07:34 AM
With every step of growth and step toward self-discovery, a flower on a mountainside slowly blooms and opens to the morning sun as it breaks over the peaks and spills into the valleys, chasing away night’s shadows.

Take a moment to be proud of yourself for your effort and achievement.

Well-Done!,
Ian

Abi
10-30-15, 07:55 AM
So happy for you, and proud :grouphug: <3

coffeesudoku
01-21-16, 12:50 AM
Wow, that is awesome you were able to do that. It's always so nice to be able to overcome something that had raked us up with fear. And it's amazing that you were able to even do that. I don't know if I would even be able to.