View Full Version : Irritability

IMissCoffee
11-04-15, 06:44 PM
Prior to starting medication, I constantly felt overwhelmed, stressed, and just really unhappy at work. I missed deadlines constantly, I procrastinated, I wasted hours staring into space. I felt dumb and useless. I spent full days watching the clock, and home felt like relief whenever I got there at the end of the day.

Now that I'm on medication, that's all changed. I'm able to focus and complete tasks on time, my brain fog is gone so I can share my ideas with others, and follow up and complete projects I start. Instead of thinking about doing stuff, I'm actually doing things. I feel so much happier at work because I feel like I'm contributing now. The problem is, by the time I get home, my medication is wearing off and the fog sets back in. I noticed that I've become really irritable at home. Has anyone experienced this? Do any of you think it's caused by the medication itself or just me feeling frustrated at going from clear headed to all foggy at the end of the day?

karbouris
11-24-15, 12:37 PM
Yes, it's the rebound effect. What brand of ritalin are you on?

Lunacie
11-24-15, 02:12 PM
Sometimes a small dose of IR med taken before the XR med wears off can minimize that crash without interfering with sleep.