View Full Version : Zoloft - Adderall combo, sleeping less

Luvthiscrzylife
11-05-15, 02:10 PM
My 10 y/o was prescribed Zoloft 3 weeks ago and is on 25 mg. She currently takes 20 mg Adderall XR, then melatonin to sleep at night. I have not noticed any real changes in her, except she is waking up much earlier in the mornings (1- 1 1/2 hours), but I think she is actually going to sleep a bit sooner now too. I would normally have to wake her up, this is no longer the case. I also feel like she talks a bit more, but she's already an excessive talker. It just seems at times like she isn't on her ADHD meds. The really interesting part, is that I have always had to give her Adderall crazy early (5-6 am) just in hopes that with 5 mg of melatonin she would sleep at night, and even then it was a struggle. I've now been dosing her later (8 am), and giving her only 2.5 mg of melatonin and she's been settling down much quicker. I've tried this in the past, and she'd be up all night. Shouldn't we be noticing some changes on the Zoloft by now? The earlier waking does have me a bit concerned, is this normal?

sarahsweets
11-08-15, 05:48 AM
Well it seems like she has adjusted her entire sleep wake cycle. It can happen with stimulants. Like you said, if she is going to bed earlier than it isnt anything to worry about. I know in my case I get up early anyway but at least once a week i wake up earlier than i should by about an hour for no reason.