View Full Version : Now ADD'ers dont have any excuses left

mark
08-19-03, 12:56 PM
Just found a really cool website devoted to the cooking-challenged! It is designed so you plug in the ingrediants you have sitting around the house, then it gives you recipes using only those items! Try it out. It could be a life saver in a pinch.

The website address is:
www.cookingbynumbers.com

joanrdtobe
08-19-03, 01:03 PM
Mark: THANK YOU!!!!!!!! This is great....My dietitians list-serve will love this....plus all of our low-income community clients will really see this site as valuable....:)

sneekkers
07-18-04, 05:17 PM
wow, how cool is this....

just click on what you have and voila, here are some ideas...

thanks, a year late!!!!

:cool: sneekkers:cool:

clawless
07-19-04, 05:15 AM
what a great site

gabriela
07-19-04, 05:24 AM
"sorry, you don't have the ingredients that you need for any of our recipes, please click here to return to the search page."

ha!
*doing that thing miss piggy does with her head when she's annoyed*
:rolleyes:

well, *mister* tom tuke-hastings...
*that miss piggy thing again*
maybe i ought to set up a website of my own, called "inventive cooking" - let's see how you like *that*!!!
:D

(or maybe tom should add a page on his website, and call it "shopping for groceries for dummies", 'cause i think that's what i need...)
:(

irish guy
07-19-04, 08:30 AM
I got "sorry could not find www.cookingbynumbers" cooking is one of the few things i excell at everyone tells me i missed my calling.

sneekkers
07-19-04, 07:32 PM
i.g....

thats because you don't need it...

some of us need maps to locate the stuff in our fridge!...

i for one prefer the coffee and a bagel, but kids and spouse require more...

:cool: sneekkers:cool:

Spirit
08-22-04, 05:28 PM
I played around with this website a few times. Each time I used Chicken as my source of meat. Not one chicken recipe came up. I added and eliminated ingredients, but still no results for chicken..lol Guess the webmaster doesn't like chicken. LOL

Anyways, it did give some good recipes for different types of pasta dishes and breads. I'd have to go to the grocery store to buy all the ingredients, but at least it will help me on those days I'm stumped on what to make, because the same ol'stuff is getting boring.

SASSYRED
08-22-04, 08:44 PM
Thanks,for the awesome site.
Sassy

paulbf
08-22-04, 10:28 PM
Heh, that's an awesome concept but they really don't have much of a list of fridge & cupboard ingredients.

Deep Blue
08-23-04, 12:49 AM
now if only I could learn how to cook and read recipes at the same time :confused:

PPeter
10-14-05, 07:14 AM
I found the CookingByNumbers site this week, and I have a very similar site. I have started in in 2001 and I got a domain name for it in 2002. Now I have hungarian and english recipes there. You might find it helpful when you have no clue what to cook. There are about 1100 recipes online now at link removed by Admin, please see forum guidelines.

Michiko74
08-25-08, 05:37 PM
Oh man, this thing ROCKS!

scarygreengiant
08-25-08, 10:58 PM
Neat!

20trackedmind
08-25-08, 11:04 PM
OK, I seriously need this!!!!
Just found a really cool website devoted to the cooking-challenged! It is designed so you plug in the ingrediants you have sitting around the house, then it gives you recipes using only those items! Try it out. It could be a life saver in a pinch.

The website address is:
www.cookingbynumbers.com (http://www.cookingbynumbers.com)