View Full Version : CRL-40,940 (Flmodafinil, Lauflumide)

Polymorphed
11-08-15, 11:11 PM
Modafinil is a popular Eurogic (wakefulness drug) in use to treat Narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. It has a lot of "designer drug" use on the street by students and has been known to be used for the self-managed treatment of ADHD (anecdotal sources).

This thread is about Fluromodafinil, which is a form of Modafinil that is around 4 times more effective due to its increased bioavailability. It has been around for 50+ years. Its patent has lapsed and been readministered a few times, most recently in 2012. It's back to not being patented, although it is patent pending again.

In the new patent, the following findings were described: "Surprisingly and unexpectedly, the inventors have synthesized a molecule similar to modafinil and adrafinil and have shown that it is more effective than these two molecules in their indications with fewer side effects. This molecule is lauflumide, or (2-((bis(4-fluorophenyl)methane)sulfinyl)acetamide. Lauflumide is not an amphetamine. Consequently, it does not have the side effects of amphetamines. It [Lauflumide, CRL-40,940, Flmodafinil] is 20 times more effective than adrafinil and 4 times more effective than modafinil. Lauflumide constitutes a therapeutic alternative to methylphenidate and amphetamine in ADHD and to modafinil in narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. Lauflumide (racemic mixture) has an expected effectiveness in plasma of 6 to 7 hours." 3

It is presently available from multiple online sources, but not as an approved drug (of course). Nonetheless one can view the associated lab reports confirming the purity of the substance under the classification CRL-40,940, so there is no concern there.

I would not recommend to another person that they try a drug that lacks sufficient test data necessary for FDA approval. I'm simply posting this for information purposes. I will personally be giving the drug a go (with careful monitoring) and post back. Hopefully it is of use to others in the community!

References:
1. http://www.google.com/patents/CA1199916A1?cl=en
2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3041981/
3. http://www.google.com/patents/US20130295196
4. http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=CA&NR=1199916
5. http://worldwide.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=US4489095

Greyhound1
11-08-15, 11:20 PM
Modafinil is a popular Eurogic (wakefulness drug) in use to treat Narcolepsy and other sleep disorders. It has a lot of "designer drug" use on the street by students and has been known to be used for the self-managed treatment of ADHD (anecdotal sources).

This thread is about Fluromodafinil, which is a form of Modafinil that is around 4 times more effective due to its increased bioavailability. It has been around for 50+ years. Its patent has lapsed and been readministered a few times, most recently in 2012. It's back to not being patented, although it is patent pending again.

In the new patent, the following findings were described: "Surprisingly and unexpectedly, the inventors have synthesized a molecule similar to modafinil and adrafinil and have shown that it is more effective than these two molecules in their indications with fewer side effects. This molecule is lauflumide, or (2-((bis(4-fluorophenyl)methane)sulfinyl)acetamide. Lauflumide is not an amphetamine. Consequently, it does not have the side effects of amphetamines. It [Lauflumide, CRL-40,940, Flmodafinil] is 20 times more effective than adrafinil and 4 times more effective than modafinil. Lauflumide constitutes a therapeutic alternative to methylphenidate and amphetamine in ADHD and to modafinil in narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia. Lauflumide (racemic mixture) has an expected effectiveness in plasma of 6 to 7 hours." 3

It is presently available from multiple online sources, but not as an approved drug (of course). Nonetheless one can view the associated lab reports confirming the purity of the substance under the classification CRL-40,940, so there is no concern there.

I would not recommend to another person that they try a drug that lacks sufficient test data necessary for FDA approval. I'm simply posting this for information purposes. I will personally be giving the drug a go (with careful monitoring) and post back. Hopefully it is of use to others in the community!

References:
1. http://www.google.com/patents/CA1199916A1?cl=en
2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3041981/
3. http://www.google.com/patents/US20130295196
4. http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=CA&NR=1199916
5. http://worldwide.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=EPODOC&IDX=US4489095

That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Please keep us posted on your results.

Polymorphed
11-09-15, 05:25 PM
That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Please keep us posted on your results.

Will do. Got about 60 days worth being shipped express today - along with Aniracetam and Phenylpiracetam, which is another story in itself. I'm hoping that Aniracetam will enhance the positives and diminish the negatives from MPH. Phenylpiracetam is for MPH substitution on med holidays. Both new tests for me.

Polymorphed
11-11-15, 12:35 AM
Nothing useful to add yet - just my excitement haha The package arrived not long after I left for work. So at least I will be able to share my wife's views on how she has responded to Fluromodafinil (when I get home later). She is starting with a morning dose of 50mg.

For anyone reading, I urge you to not go too cheap on milligram scales, as some of the "chinese cheapos" out there may have far too great a range in accuracy. Given 200mg is the maximum daily dose recommended for an adult, there could also be serious consequences if one were to get the decimal point placement incorrect. 50mg could quickly become 500mg, which wouldn't be fatal, but I for one would not enjoy the endless questions in the ER.

Polymorphed
11-11-15, 04:29 AM
So, my wife's comments as at 19:20 today are:

"I've had more energy and actually had quite a lot of fun with the kids. There were still a lot of stressful things to deal with, but I haven't really even thought about it until now."

She's going to set her alarm for 6am to wake up and take the 50mg dose tomorrow morning and then set another alarm for 7am to see if it helps her get up and into gear with more energy and enthusiasm.

It's not unusual for her to fall back asleep while the kids are up ... being boys ... and I'm leaving for work, so it's a problem area.

No side effects to report of so far, but we shall see how things go when it comes to winding down/sleep.

I took 1g of Aniracetam at about 16:15 and noticed myself slowly but steadily becoming more calm from around 20 minutes. I parachuted the powder in a cut-out of toilet paper (I will be more prepared next time haha).

I didn't feel sluggish or sleepy. Not that type of calm. I felt more consistent in my mood and impulse response to stimuli and I found my own volume level becoming quieter and more consistent. This actually helped calm the kids down, who were being very hyperactive. Normally I find myself yelling over the top of their noise, which can compound the chaos. Good stuff. I shall have to try it with Ritalin soon.

sarahsweets
11-11-15, 05:14 AM
Are you saying that you bought a precriptin drug through the internet?

Polymorphed
11-11-15, 05:55 PM
Are you saying that you bought a precriptin drug through the internet?

A potential future prescription drug. It is patent pending for treatment of narcolepsy etc. As such it is sold as "Laboratory use only. Not for treatment of medical conditions.". It is completely legal/above board to acquire. One must conduct one's own research and take full responsibility for trialing it.

Phenylpiracetam is a nootropic racetam and sits more in the brain enhancement supplement category.

I will have more notes tonight.

Polymorphed
11-12-15, 06:50 PM
My wife didn't quite manage the 6am plan, but she took 50mg at breakfast. She said up until about 3pm it was equally as good as MPH in alleviating ADHD symptoms. To be clear, she hasn't been taking MPH for the past week or two so as to facilitate an unmixed test period.

She is very impressed with how well it works, but based on my advice from her feedback, she is trying 100mg today. This should lengthen the affective duration beyond 3. It is advisable to avoid top up doses due to their impact on sleep resulting from taking it closer to bed time. I've also read multiple sources indicating that top up doses don't seem to compound well and are somewhat of a waste.

I took 75mg of FLModafinil a few hours ago. I'm on my second day of a 4 week full time training program for a new position. So far I feel similarly to how I would on MPH but without the jitters etc. I'm also scaring my colleagues with my genuine enthusiasm (I'm typically more cynical). I'm not yawning nor strugglingto concentrate and my thoughts are focused on the training. So far so good!

Polymorphed
11-12-15, 08:11 PM
Its 11am now and I took the 75mg dose at 7am. By now I can comfortably say that I feel as emotionally stable and focused as I do from 10mg Ritalin IR at 7am then another at 11am. The biggest differences are:

Fluromodafinil - no anxitey or sense of feeling rushed. No jitters or sensations of CNS stimulation. Ive had about 200mg of caffeine by this point too. No side effects noted so far.

Ritalin feels a touch more invigorating and motivating and I think at current comparitive doses, Ritalin blocks out fistractions just a touch better, facilitating more focus. That being said it's not a huge difference and I have also changed from working under pressure to being in a more relaxed, but equally (if not more) attention demanding duties.

So far I could easily conclude that it is a viable substitute for Ritalin for med holidays. I will happily stop Ritalin on weekends to minimise tolerance build up knowing I can fall back on Fluoromodafinil.

Combining it with Aniracetam does enhanxe the sense of calm, especially where physical manifestions of anxiety are concerned.

Very promising so far.

Polymorphed
11-14-15, 12:33 AM
Well I just happened to be woken up at 6 by my bladder, so I took 100mg of Fluoromodafinil (FLM) and went back to bed until 7. Was it easier to get up etc.? haha it was like how my youngest son wakes up - instantly and with energy to burn and a can-do attitude.

The energy, mood regulation, concentration and cognitive function enhancement etc. hasn't dampened since the morning and I'm writing this at 3pm.

I feel Ritalin is more inspiring in terms of feeling motivated to be productive and especially when it comes to pushing yourself to start something outside of your obsession range. FLM has more of a take it as it comes kind of vibe to it. Like, if you just so happen to find yourself in a situation where you are doing a chore or have started a task that you wouldn't have naturally sought out, you can work at it without feeling negative, disinterested, interrupted/blocked, bothered etc. You can just get it done and be content with doing so.

Ritalin is more helpful in providing that reality check clarity where you seek out the things you've been procrastinating. I think FLM combined with Ritalin could be a very interesting formula. It could allow one to lower their stimulant dose without it affecting its therapeutic efficacy, plus most likely provide a more level/consistent and less yo-yo like delivery over the day, much like a slow release can help achieving, but with the flexibility of dose staggering.

My wife has stated that she has really enjoyed the lack of any stim-like come-down, but as it wears off and the fatigue sets back in, the contrast is very obvious. It's just a different kind of come-down - one that has a longer/slower time curve, so it's less noticeable and it has minimal effect on mood.

Polymorphed
11-15-15, 06:27 PM
Regarding the 100mg yesterday - it continued working right up until bed time and kept me up to a certain extent, so I've backed off to 80mg today to see how that goes.

My wife is continuing at 100mg with consistent positive results. She has also tried Phenylpiracetam 2 times (2 days in a row, with a 5 day break between is the plan to avoid tolerance build up). I've tried it 2 times as well.

My wife really notices the cognitive enhancement benefits of Phenylpiracetam and she notes it makes most tasks appear simpler and more manageable - as such it helps curb pessimism and promotes motivation. Without any Dopamine support (a la Ritalin), Brain Reward Cascade functionality is still neglected as far as FLM alone is concerned, so the "everything's so easy" mentality is a welcome symptom that makes a FLM/Phenylpiracetam stack a great combo for Ritalin holidays.

I've also noticed that there is an increased beneficial stimulatory effect from stacking these two together. I feel that FLM on its own is superior to Phenlypiracetam alone in terms of overall improvement to daily activity function/reducing ADHD based dysfunction, at least for both of us as we are both chronically exhausted, so the alleviation of fatigue is a significant relief.

I will be back later!

Polymorphed
11-17-15, 09:55 PM
Some more observations on FLM: it appears to all but eliminate chronic fatigue type symptoms, leaving behind only really the impulsivity/hyperactivity etc. Attentiveness/Focus is improved by FLM, but not in the same way as a stimulant. It facilitates focus by essentially striping away the "survival mode" from chronic fatigue/exhaustion. It allows better emotional regulation and a clearer thought process, which boils down to you having more self-control, while also having more energy.

Phenylpiracetam, however, is directly motivating. It has more commonalities with Ritalin, except I honestly feel that it has a cumulative effect on various aspects of cognitive function. Something that couldn't easily be exploited as a result of quick tolerance build up. Two days in a row, max, with a 5 day rest is best practice.

Polymorphed
01-02-16, 09:24 PM
There is another research compound in circulation that is practically the same: CRL-40,941 (Fladrafinil) - bis(p-fluoro) derivative of adrafinil. Same histaminergic eurogic mechanisms. I haven't really fully looked into it yet - at a glance, it looks like the same end result, possibly a different development process. Appears to be an Australian patent pending though, so I'm willing to give it a trial period.

It is obtainable with the same cautionary warnings (sold as research material only), but appears to be a bit more scarce/expensive.

I've not been around the forums much lately as a lot has been going on in my professional and personal life, but I have been putting a bit of my free time into researching the links between the LHPA axis and various immune system imbalances, not only concerning ADHD physiology, but as a general area of research focused on finding root causes (including undetected auto-immune activity) underpinning gene expressionisms broadly concerning mental health.

I've been brain storming with a .3mm pen on A3 paper and realised I really need a mural sized black/white board to keep my thoughts flowing without running out of space! The human body is so, so complex!

Polymorphed
01-06-16, 07:55 PM
At this stage I'm having difficulty establishing the full metabolic pathway of the lauflumide molecule. My concern is the possibility of fluoride becoming a free radical - and fluoride is known to be a harmful oxidant that can lead to thyroid dysfunction (particularly hypothyroidism). Short term use isn't concerning, but over the long term a lack of understanding of this process is certainly a road-block.

On a tangent; I'm still drinking tap water, which is treated with fluoride ... should probably start distilling it methinks. Removing chlorine etc. is not so easy this way, but distillation is the single most effective water purification process known and is rather cost effective too. No harm in using natural gas and a few basic chemistry apparatus! Or if you don't have a lab (cough) you could just buy a benchtop unit. Units with integrated carbon filters will remove a fair bit of chlorine and improve taste.

Powderbucket
01-15-16, 09:08 AM
Wow. Thank you for this very informative report. I really hope that there are better advances in medication for ADHD because I really hate the side-effects and mood swings. I've been reading a lot about Modafinil lately and how people say the side-effects are negligible in comparison to Ritalin type things. Maybe I should talk to my psychiatrist and see what she thinks about alternative treatment.