View Full Version : I stopped lexapro ct 5 weeks ago and survived

Mamapepper
11-11-15, 11:40 PM
However I DO NOT recommend anyone to ever stop any ssri ct this is just my story and I need some help from here on out.

I was on 10mgs for almost 2 years it was claimed to be safe during pregnancy and I needed something. I have two very healthy babies 13 months apart.

I tried to taper but the headaches were out of this world. I don't get headaches. The first 2-3 weeks I was dizzy, achy, weepy and very anxious. It's kind of smoothed out now but I went off because I felt it was just making me flat, tired and unmotivated.
I also take 20-40 mgs of adderall ir a day since quitting the lex my crash and anxiety are terrible. I know the lex helped with that.

I'm just ready to try something new but scared to death where to start. I'm exhausted I have 2 babies under 2 and 2 older ones . I'm starting to get depressed because my life is so stressful at this time. I know I wasn't supposed to go ct and I'm paying for it now but I couldn't take the side effects from taper.

Any suggestions for a mom with inattentive add and anxiety?
Buspar? Prozac?

I use benzos xanex when needed which has been more lately but I hate the sleepy, down side of them and am aware of addiction.

aeon
11-12-15, 12:27 AM
Mirtazapine (Remeron) is used to treat anxiety, and isn’t a SSRI.

It will almost certainly make you sleepy, and it will almost certainly make you want to eat. Many people (including me) are able to work around those side-effects by taking it before bed.

Cheers,
Ian

Mamapepper
11-12-15, 12:37 AM
Mirtazapine (Remeron) is used to treat anxiety, and isnít a SSRI.

It will almost certainly make you sleepy, and it will almost certainly make you want to eat. Many people (including me) are able to work around those side-effects by taking it before bed.

Cheers,
Ian

I actually just read one of your posts regarding remeron:) is it a good fit combined with a stimulant? And it's not a ssri correct? It's amazing how many medications there are and all the ones I've been put on are all the most common that do not work for me! Lexapro, Zoloft etc.

I do have insomnia and need something to sleep every night so maybe this would be safe to take at night but calm my anxiety during the day?

sarahsweets
11-12-15, 08:12 AM
Remeron can be tricky. At lower doses it has the sleepiess effect and many people are prescribed it for sleep. At higher doses it works fr depression.