View Full Version : Will it get better?

millies
11-16-15, 08:45 PM
Hi! This is all really new to me, and I'm feeling exhausted and overwhelmed most of the time. So to all of you, prior to meds. Will it get better?

I'm so tired of feeling like a mess all the time, constantly putting on a mask, trying to hide all the chaos. I'm always forgetting appointments, procrastinating, falling behind on bills, just generally screwing things up. And I just cannot understand how it's even possible, when I'm trying so hard.

Am I always gonna suck at life?

sarahsweets
11-17-15, 04:57 AM
First of all I doubt you suck at life, although I empathize with the feeling. Meds can be a huge lifesaver. They were for me.

Lucky-A
11-17-15, 05:28 AM
Hi Millies
I've been on meds for about a moth or so now, so my pre med period isn't that far away. I can definitely relate to those feelings of sucking at life. But even though I haven't been on meds for long. It has already gotten better. what I like the most right now, Is that I have hope, and see my future as actually going somewhere. I have started to believe in my self again.

Of course meds doesn't work the same for everyone, but assuming you now have made the step to get help, I believe that that is the beginning of getting onto the path that you want to be on. Regardless of taking meds or not.
And also, try to not focus on the bad stuff, and do NOT let it define you. It will do no good.
Best of luck to you, and please let me know how it goes☺

Lucky-A
11-17-15, 05:30 AM
Oh and are you from Norway too? I just saw it!

millies
11-17-15, 01:00 PM
Well, all in all it's just really overwhelming, and I think I'm just at the point where I'm realizing how much it's affecting my life. It helps a lot hearing about other peoples experiences with medication. I'm just really tired of messing things up all the time, forgetting about appointments and bills, procrastinating important stuff. It's really affecting my self-esteem. I think what you wrote about not letting it define is what I need to work on.

stef
11-17-15, 01:11 PM
It will get better!!!!
You can find real coping strategies
Drop the mask its exhausting. Use the energy you are using up for that, for really looking into ways you can help yourself and be kind to yourself! :grouphug: