View Full Version : So basically I lost my job

TurtleBrain
11-19-15, 08:05 AM
The school district's HR said that they didn't think being a special education assistant was for me, well no sh** sherlock, I wasn't the one who originally applied for that, they wanted to see if I could do it and they were just desperate for special ed assistants I guess. Why do they have to make me their test work guinea pig? Geez

Well anyway, so HR is now looking for a part time reading assistant position for me. Well there goes my hopes to pay off the college tuition debt I owe by March, I guess now it's going to take even longer (probably until next school year) to pay off that debt.

I could survive a few months jobless while the debt collector takes $100 from my checking account every month, but then what? I sure hope I get a job position again soon, at least let me have it for a while until I get that debt paid. Once that's done, then the district HR can screw it, I'll probably just quit anyway and get a better job after getting my bachelor's degree (which is on hold because of my tuition debt).

TurtleBrain
11-19-15, 03:40 PM
Okay false alarm, HR got me a part time position as a reading assistant, so that's cool. It may take longer to pay off my tuition debt, but at least it's something.

FogNoggin
11-19-15, 03:51 PM
Well, that's good.
But what is so special about this Ed guy?

Delphine
11-19-15, 07:36 PM
Okay false alarm, HR got me a part time position as a reading assistant, so that's cool. It may take longer to pay off my tuition debt, but at least it's something.

That's better news. Glad you've got something.... and something always leads to something else.

Good too that you've got a little bit put aside in your checking account, enough to keep your head above water with your new reduced income.
That's great organisation; I admire you for it!

Will you still have to postpone your bachelor's degree, or can you handle that debt from where you are?

InvitroCanibal
11-20-15, 12:50 AM
I really hate the term special ed. I don't like how a lot of them are run. Kids that fall just under the academic minimum guidelines can take it as a huge self esteem hit.

Id rather they called it independent academics/study or something like that where the student could establish their own pace based on their own needs.

Ah anyways, all I am really saying is that you can make the most of your job by not just seeing the pay but the people. If you are selfless, more oppurtunities will come along in your life.

That has been my experience anyways, mainly because you make yourself memorable.

I guess also, just try to realize that you can learn something important from every job.

If you are working with people as a service, it is a chance to be a positive influence in someone else's life.

Money problems will always exist but don't squander your life by worrying about them so much that you forget how to be happy and inspire others to be happy.

I guess that is my thought.

Little Missy
11-20-15, 07:45 AM
:goodpost: Excellent points! Selfless, memorable...

TurtleBrain
11-20-15, 02:30 PM
I live with my dad and I don't have any personal expenses to worry about other than debt. It's no big deal.