View Full Version : News:Tent protester returns to front lawn of New Brunswick legislature

Coach
08-19-03, 02:37 PM
Tent protester returns to front lawn of New Brunswick legislature

FREDERICTON (CP) - A tent protester returned to the front lawn of the New Brunswick legislature on Monday to lobby politicians on funding for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Charles Leblanc, of Saint John, N.B., has camped out on the lawn for almost two months, spending his days collecting names on a petition, and attempting to lobby politicians for his cause.

He said he wants a provincial task force to study the issue of ADHD, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and the effects of the drug Ritalin on children and adults.

He has over 1,600 signatures in support of his cause.

On Monday, legislature officials removed his tent, but supporters have given him a new one.

Leblanc said he will continue to press for the government to take action.

QueensU_girl
07-22-05, 09:11 PM
Too bad he doesn't wnat to study the effects of NO RITALIN on ADDers.

*sigh*

Maybe he is Church of $cientology?

-Emma

Imnapl
07-22-05, 09:18 PM
Yeah, don't put more taxpayer's money into medical and educational funding; do another Ritalin study! :rolleyes:

Uh, how many hundred studies is that again?

thordora
10-20-05, 07:11 AM
60% of people in this province are functionally illiterate....so likely this guy CAN'T read the studies...

mctavish23
10-20-05, 08:39 AM
I'd like to see them do the research, even though there's a great deal already out there.

The end result would be a continuation of the previous research in terms of the efficacy of stimulants on ADHD.

In a way, it would be somewhat like the 5 law suits that were thrown out in the States.

Scuro posted on those not long ago.

Personally, I think every so often you need to throw the paranoids a bone, just so you can see them get their asses kicked in public.

The ultimate payoff would be a resounding STFU, which I'd advertise.:)

Imnapl
10-20-05, 01:09 PM
60% of people in this province are functionally illiterate....so likely this guy CAN'T read the studies... B.C. Teachers have been on strike for almost two weeks now and one of the issues is class sizes. People argue that class sizes were __ in the year ___ and they did all right. Perhaps, but I don't ever remember not having enough desks or textbooks in any of my classes. People need to do more taxpayer tours of the schools during working hours.