View Full Version : Weird question, need to know if this is normal

BellaVita
11-21-15, 10:36 PM
I'm a 22 year old female and have noticed something weird lately....

So I've lost weight, and am still getting fit but I've noticed something odd....

My pants/shorts are fitting tighter not on the waist, but on the area right below my waist...like a little bit below(or on?) my hips,that area that curves or whatever...not sure what it is called.

And I'm a bit concerned because I am definitely losing weight/have lost weight, but why are things getting tighter all of the sudden in that area?

Could I be gaining weight in just that area?

Or is this just a thing where I am still developing in certain areas?

I know that I had a growth spurt at 20, just a little one where I grew a bit taller (I might have had slightly delayed growth) so perhaps I am having another one but in a different way?

Please I need reassurance that this is normal, please help me out ladies. Thanks!

Little Missy
11-21-15, 10:40 PM
You are becoming a woman. Normal.

Socaljaxs
11-21-15, 10:45 PM
I'm a 22 year old female and have noticed something weird lately....

So I've lost weight, and am still getting fit but I've noticed something odd....

My pants/shorts are fitting tighter not on the waist, but on the area right below my waist...like a little bit below(or on?) my hips,that area that curves or whatever...not sure what it is called.

And I'm a bit concerned because I am definitely losing weight/have lost weight, but why are things getting tighter all of the sudden in that area?

Could I be gaining weight in just that area?

Or is this just a thing where I am still developing in certain areas?

I know that I had a growth spurt at 20, just a little one where I grew a bit taller (I might have had slightly delayed growth) so perhaps I am having another one but in a different way?

Please I need reassurance that this is normal, please help me out ladies. Thanks!

Yes it's normal.. A few different things may be going on.. All normal.. One can be yes your body is changing.. As we get older we can still weight the same as we did say at 16 but the same size will be different.. Hence the kids sizes, juniors sizes petite and women's and misses sizes.. it's not just about style it's because are body's changing and developing.... Are bodies change and develop as we grow especially in our 20's..have you been measuring yourself? Or is it all the clothes you own and wear that this is noticed. There two reasons here one body devolpment and clothes levels.. Junior won't fit the same as we get older..

Next reason is muscle mass. You can weigh less or even the same but our body's can be changing because of muscle growth and muscle loss.. Both happen when we lose weight. You can ask a few people that weight the same and many will have different sizes for same height and weight

Delphine
11-21-15, 11:08 PM
Completely normal.

Yes, your shape changes periodically. This part has nothing to do with what you eat, or how you exercise. (Some bits, yes... but not these bits.)

Between 20 -25 you will notice teensy little shape changes. (Same as you did between 10-15....between 15-20)

I'm guessing you're very slim....because you'll notice the hip/waist change ratio most then, if so....

But even so, there are teensy changes with every few years... curve changes... and you only begin to notice when your clothes start to fit differently than before.

BellaVita
11-21-15, 11:26 PM
Yes it's normal.. A few different things may be going on.. All normal.. One can be yes your body is changing.. As we get older we can still weight the same as we did say at 16 but the same size will be different.. Hence the kids sizes, juniors sizes petite and women's and misses sizes.. it's not just about style it's because are body's changing and developing.... Are bodies change and develop as we grow especially in our 20's..have you been measuring yourself? Or is it all the clothes you own and wear that this is noticed. There two reasons here one body devolpment and clothes levels.. Junior won't fit the same as we get older..

Next reason is muscle mass. You can weigh less or even the same but our body's can be changing because of muscle growth and muscle loss.. Both happen when we lose weight. You can ask a few people that weight the same and many will have different sizes for same height and weight

Hahaha I wish I knew all of this before, because I've been obsessing!

No, haven't been measuring. But I know my body very well, so I notice when things change. Yes, my clothes fitting differently is one big thing that has caused me to notice.

Thank you for this helpful information! :)

BellaVita
11-21-15, 11:29 PM
Completely normal.

Yes, your shape changes periodically. This part has nothing to do with what you eat, or how you exercise. (Some bits, yes... but not these bits.)

Between 20 -25 you will notice teensy little shape changes. (Same as you did between 10-15....between 15-20)

I'm guessing you're very slim....because you'll notice the hip/waist change ratio most then, if so....

But even so, there are teensy changes with every few years... curve changes... and you only begin to notice when your clothes start to fit differently than before.

I didn't know that, thank you!

No, I *used* to be VERY slim, way too skinny, but I'm more normal now. I have an athletic body type, now getting more womanly curves I guess. :o (not sure how I feel about that yet)

I'm glad to know there will be teensy changes, because I'm not good with change so knowing in advance calms my mind a little.

Pilgrim
11-22-15, 01:51 AM
Bodies developing, I love the way a woman expands at the hips. Best thing.

BellaVita
11-22-15, 04:06 AM
Bodies developing, I love the way a woman expands at the hips. Best thing.

*awkward* Okay, that is good to know.

aeon
11-22-15, 04:26 AM
The deposition of fat in that area of a woman’s hip is mediated by, and a function of, estrogen.

Should I ever come to not find that the most compelling beauty in all of nature, I will know with absolute certainty that I have died.

Cheers,
Ian

BellaVita
11-22-15, 04:32 AM
The deposition of fat in that area of a woman’s hip is mediated by, and a function of, estrogen.

So I must be producing estrogen then.

I guess that's good.

aeon
11-22-15, 05:04 AM
So I must be producing estrogen then.

I guess that's good.

Yes, it is...and it could be more production, or it could be a change in your estrogen:progesterone ratio with no additional production.

Cheers,
Ian

BellaVita
11-22-15, 05:22 AM
Yes, it is...and it could be more production, or it could be a change in your estrogen:progesterone ratio with no additional production.

Cheers,
Ian

Well I know my progesterone is good because I get wicked PMS. (I have researched the PMS symptoms that are progesterone related)

So maybe my estrogen is kicking in. Not that it wasn't before. YKWIM.

aeon
11-22-15, 06:09 AM
Heh, it took my “:” and “p” and made it a “:p”.

Anyway, in general, women experience a change in the location of body fat deposits a few times in their lives, with the greatest two being related to menarche and menopause.

Cheers,
Ian

midnightstar
11-22-15, 03:38 PM
What you described is perfectly normal beautiful Bella :grouphug:

sarahsweets
11-23-15, 05:25 AM
I know they say that a girl can be almost fully developed by the time she is 18. This wasnt true for me.. I probbly changed more in my twenties then I did in high school. Plus I lost a ton of weight and look better I think then I did in college.

bluelephant
11-28-15, 09:22 PM
I agree that more than likely it is your body changing, are you also on birth control? If you pinch the area is there more fat? This is also the area where your reproductive organs are, how are your periods? If you look from the side is this area bulging? For most women this occurs during their puberty, usually early on, but your body will continue to change until 25. Another cause is pregnancy due to oestrogen and progesterone, which is why I ask about your birth control, as many use these hormones to prevent ovulation. You would be seeing a change in your breast size as well as butt. Talking of your glutes, did you start working out more? If so your butt may simple have lifted. Lastly, you may just be noticing this as a result of losing weight in other areas.