View Full Version : Visual stimulation?

bluelephant
11-26-15, 03:53 PM
When I was in between refills of Adderall a friend gave me Concerta, I want to say 50mg???, and it was amazing visually. It was as though everything had more color and detail, the opposite side of this was that I threw up. I don't know if it was because I drank the night before, but I am usually never nauseous when hungover. I associate this with the Concerta instead. I am wondering though, if maybe Concerta would be more appropriate than Adderall XR? What would be an equivalent dose to 30mg? I never felt so connected with my surroundings on Adderall.

Little Missy
11-26-15, 04:36 PM
Taking another persons prescription is a felony.

bluelephant
11-26-15, 05:02 PM
I understand, it was an isolated incident, and do not condone it.

Socaljaxs
11-26-15, 05:56 PM
If you found that for yourself this medication Did in fact have a better effect on your ADD/ADHD symptoms, than speak to you doctor about trying concerta out for next month.. As for dosage equivalent, that may vary per individual since they are different compounds.. 30 mg of Adderall xr may not be equal to/ more/less to a certain dosafe of concerta.. Your doctor who knows your medical history, would be better help to gauge this dosage ml amount for you.. Since everyone differs..

As for throwing up, could be many things but if only tried it once, it's hard to put a causation or reason for it.

bluelephant
11-26-15, 08:07 PM
If you found that for yourself this medication Did in fact have a better effect on your ADD/ADHD symptoms, than speak to you doctor about trying concerta out for next month.. As for dosage equivalent, that may vary per individual since they are different compounds.. 30 mg of Adderall xr may not be equal to/ more/less to a certain dosafe of concerta.. Your doctor who knows your medical history, would be better help to gauge this dosage ml amount for you.. Since everyone differs..

As for throwing up, could be many things but if only tried it once, it's hard to put a causation or reason for it.

What would be a good strategy for asking? I live in a different state than my previous doctor who had a few years of an established history with me. It is also not a pro-stimulant state. I don't want my new doctor to think I want to abuse medication by telling them I tried Concerta independently. :faint: :confused: