View Full Version : What secret powers would you choose to have?

midnightstar
11-27-15, 06:46 PM
If you could choose any special secret powers at all what secret powers would you choose?

I'd choose the ability to communicate with and train people's pets :)

Roundmouth
11-27-15, 07:18 PM
Anything? ANYTHING?! Well... time travelling or etarnal life maybe. Invisibility or ability to fly. But more than anything, I'd wish for oportunities where I could make use of my ADHD traits. That would be like flying.

stef
11-27-15, 07:25 PM
invisibility

Greyhound1
11-27-15, 07:27 PM
The ability to fly would be my choice. To be as free as a bird would be incredible.

I have had many dreams I could fly, since I was a child. I always hate waking up from those.:(

Delphine
11-27-15, 07:43 PM
Time travel! Definitely! :)

To go back to any time in the past and have long conversations with people I'd love to talk with some more, but who've passed on.

To go forward and see where this road goes, or that road, or the other.

Or just to pick any lovely day and live it over and over until I find a better one :)

Or just to live this day, knowing I could travel backwards or forwards at will, if I'd prefer. That would be just lovely!

Fuzzy12
11-27-15, 07:44 PM
Make people happy..at least once in a while..at least a little bit happier.

Fuzzy12
11-27-15, 07:46 PM
Actually on second thoughts I'm not sure I want a secret power. I don't even want to be asked. It seems like too much responsibility. Don't I have to choose a power that will save the world? The power to stop war and disease and suffering? Pfft..sounds like a lot of work, a burden...:scratch:

Delphine
11-27-15, 07:49 PM
If you could choose any special secret powers at all what secret powers would you choose?

I'd choose the ability to communicate with and train people's pets :)

midnightstar, your superpower is very doable. I've found a precious pet-trainer who is simply amazing. She comes to the house once a week, and has made a huge difference to this household already.
(Just happened upon her by word of mouth, during a casual conversation.)

You'd make a fabulous pet-whisperer! I bet you have that innate superpower already, unknownst to yourself! I'd push you to develop that, and offer your services to people like me in your neighbourhood, who need it!!! :)

Greyhound1
11-27-15, 07:52 PM
Actually on second thoughts I'm not sure I want a secret power. I don't even want to be asked. It seems like too much responsibility. Don't I have to choose a power that will save the world? The power to stop war and disease and suffering? Pfft..sounds like a lot of work, a burden...:scratch:

You don't have to choose to save the world.:grouphug: I chose to fly so I could avoid it.:lol:

stef
11-28-15, 03:35 AM
You don't have to choose to save the world.:grouphug: I chose to fly so I could avoid it.:lol:

that's why I xhose invisibility :)

but yeah flying....Id love to just be able to see a very far off country for a day. i just wonder what its like in Tibet and places like that, when you see them in news or a documentary or something. I mean what does it actually feel like, to be outside and walking down a street?

BellaVita
11-28-15, 05:01 AM
I'd want to be a water bender. :)

Abi
11-28-15, 07:03 AM
Teleportation / Telekinesis

Unmanagable
11-28-15, 07:17 AM
The physical, mental, emotional, and monetary ability to follow through with each and every breath taking dream and brilliant idea I have.

Lunacie
11-28-15, 04:24 PM
I already have a super power. ;)

It's making chocolate disappear! :lol:

Delphine
11-28-15, 05:36 PM
Teleportation / Telekinesis

Good one! Definitely teleportation :yes:

midnightstar
11-28-15, 06:33 PM
I already have a super power. ;)

It's making chocolate disappear! :lol:

:lol: that's a secret power pretty much everyone has Funacie :giggle: :grouphug:

dvdnvwls
11-28-15, 07:42 PM
Inspired by daveddd's recent thread:

Mind reading. :)

anonymouslyadd
11-28-15, 08:33 PM
invisibility
Me too!

peripatetic
12-09-15, 01:34 AM
Fluency in all languages.

BellaVita
12-09-15, 01:40 AM
I would be a water bender.

aeon
12-09-15, 04:36 AM
I would want the ability to fill a person with joy and bliss beyond understanding such that even
the doubters, the cynics, the wounded, the lost, and the depressed would forget all that came before,
and know only the redemptive power of Love.

I know, I know, I dream big. ;)

Amor Vincit Omnia,
Ian

stef
12-09-15, 04:41 AM
Fluency in all languages.

omg YES, that would be awesome!

Daydreamin22
02-10-16, 08:27 PM
to be able to make anyone peaceful and happy at the point of a finger

Gilthranon
02-10-16, 10:22 PM
Telekinetic. That, as a matter of fact, is the power the short film I'm aiming to shoot. That way can also fly myself.

Fortune
02-10-16, 11:55 PM
Since it asks plural, I'd make a list. A long list.

sarek
02-11-16, 04:27 AM
I would want the ability to fill a person with joy and bliss beyond understanding such that even
the doubters, the cynics, the wounded, the lost, and the depressed would forget all that came before,
and know only the redemptive power of Love.

I know, I know, I dream big. ;)

Amor Vincit Omnia,
Ian

Please do keep on dreaming big. I think this dream of yours may come true sooner than you think.

Back to superpowers then. I am pretty sure I am the way I am for a reason, so I would be hesitant to change myself in such a way. It would probably deprive me of a challenge which I need to allow my soul to grow.

But since it was asked. I would pick teleportation. Both travel time and expenses, as well as the additional hassle and stress caused by this idiotic invention called "national borders" are putting serious brakes on my life.

Fuzzy12
02-11-16, 04:35 AM

I don't have to but actually i really do have to, don't I?? Otherwise I'd be guilty forever of not choosing to save the world. :scratch:

:lol::doh:

Maybe that's a choice we make every day anyway and every day I'm choosing to not do whatever I can to make this world a better place.

Lunacie
02-11-16, 11:38 AM
I don't have to but actually i really do have to, don't I?? Otherwise I'd be guilty forever of not choosing to save the world. :scratch:

:lol::doh:

Maybe that's a choice we make every day anyway and every day I'm choosing to not do whatever I can to make this world a better place.

In small ways I try to make the world a better place.

I take cloth reusable shopping bags to the store.
I try to minimize my trash.
I recycle clothing and other things by using swap groups or yard sales.
I combine errands so I don't waste gas.
I hold the door for others and try to be courteous when driving.

And I know that you make this forum a better place, Superstar!

midnightstar
02-11-16, 06:03 PM
And I know that you make this forum a better place, Superstar!

So do you Funacie just by logging in and posting :grouphug: :)

DJ Bill
02-11-16, 08:08 PM
Invisibly flying through time and space.....with the ability to teleport as well.
(With pockets full of unmeltable chocolate, of course!)

Dreams of flying were just awesome when I would get the dreams as a kid. I've been in the right front seat of a small jet once and that was too cool for words. (No, I wasn't a paying passenger, my buddy had to fly someone to the Cape and asked me to come along!)

I want every superpower mentioned so far!

OK, what's a water bender?

Adenosine
02-16-16, 07:39 PM
The ability to choose, with absolute reliability, the time and duration of my sleep pattern. I could finally stay up after midnight without shooting myself in the foot.

KitCat
10-07-17, 02:38 AM
The ability to become invisible.