View Full Version : I'm running a test about sleep.

antihero
11-30-15, 04:55 AM
I just started my meds again today after a two week break. In the past I've used sleeping tablets to get to sleep at night but this time I'm gonna go balls to the wall and use nothing. I think I'm sensitive to stimulants when it comes to sleep but I'm not gonna take anything for sleep from now on. My dr says sooner or later the need for sleep takes over. I'm gonna let you all know when I start sleeping normally. I'm using 5 dexamphetamine a day. Does anyone else have experiences trying this?

sarahsweets
11-30-15, 05:18 AM
I had to retrain my body to sleep at certain times due to the fact that sedatives and benzos are not for me. It took me about nine months but it was worth it. My sleep hygeine is great now.

antihero
11-30-15, 04:17 PM
Awesome. 9 months seems a bit long. Do you mean you sleep perfectly after 9 months? I still haven't slept yet I'm on day two.

Delphine
11-30-15, 08:17 PM
I had to retrain my body to sleep at certain times due to the fact that sedatives and benzos are not for me. It took me about nine months but it was worth it. My sleep hygeine is great now.

sarahsweets, can you explain a bit more what you mean by 'sleep hygiene?' Do you mean bedtime routines, steps leading up to bedtime? Or certain exercises, breathwork, massage? It sounds good... I'm very interested.

antihero
11-30-15, 11:41 PM
sarahsweets, can you explain a bit more what you mean by 'sleep hygiene?' Do you mean bedtime routines, steps leading up to bedtime? Or certain exercises, breathwork, massage? It sounds good... I'm very interested.

I think It's both.

sarahsweets
12-01-15, 04:16 AM
Well....I had horrible insomnia and I had a sleep study done, that was the first step. I wont go into the issues I was told I have but as an alcoholic certain medications just arent for me. So I read up on sleep hygiene. I always go to bed and wake up in the same window of time everyday, regardless of what I have going on. For me that means bedtime is between 10-12 and wake up is between 4-6. (I am a crazy early bird) I had to force myself to go to bed during that window no matter what. I made sure I wasnt dressed too warm and that the room was nice and dark. I dont keep the heat up excessively high. I had to use an alarm to remind me to go to bed. In the beginning it seemed endless, like I wouldnt be ready for sleep and I really had to fight myself. I began setting my am alarm and waking up at the same time everyday. I say 'window' because if I was out at a party and went to bed at 12 I wouldnt wake up at 4, I would wake up at 6.
I did this and do this everyday, even weekends. I am a sleep nazi with this routine. I do not have tv's in the bedroom or a computer. My bed is used for sleep and sex only. I had to do this religiously and it took about 9 months for it to be effective. Its what works for me and I have no issues now.