View Full Version : You Are Beautiful (YOU)

BellaVita
12-02-15, 10:03 AM
Yes, you - the very person reading this post.

You are beautiful just the way you are.

I know lots of us are self-critical, but you know what? Being so critical is only hurting you.

Acceptance.

Accept that you are, indeed, beautiful.

When I was a kid, other kids judged others based on appearance and would say "so and so is ugly."

This always didn't make sense to me, because I truly and honestly found everyone to be beautiful, even at that tender age.

I still feel the same today.

Screw all of what media shoves down our throats, that there is a certain "standard" we have to meet - that those in the magazines and movies are way prettier, have the best bodies etc.

Screw the term "conventionally attractive."

Screw science trying to define something that cannot in its entirety be contained in a simple formula.

You know what? Beauty is much more than numbers.

It is much more than meeting ratios and following some golden standard.

You are indeed beautiful - and no, I'm not talking about only inner beauty, I'm also talking about physical beauty.

Everyone has something individual about them, you are the only person in the world who looks like you.

Comparing to others is stupid - because it isn't you.

What you look like, natural, unaltered you, is absolutely perfect. I know for a fact that even though I don't know you, I find each and every member on these forums beautiful. I don't have to see you to know it to be true.

Please, don't be so hard on yourself.

And make sure to tell yourself, at least once, that you are absolutely freaking amazingly gorgeous.

:)

(Sorry for so many threads lately - guess I've had a lot on my mind!)

Unmanagable
12-02-15, 10:09 AM
:goodpost: :yes:

Huge hugs for posting that. We all need that reminder, and often. I am brutal towards myself some days, and it shows in many ways now that I'm more aware and can recognize it.

Think of how much energy we put into meeting the needs of others we love. Invest at least the same amount of time and energy in loving and nurturing self.

We can't serve a damn thing to ourselves or anyone else from an empty love cup. Get busy filling your own. It's time well spent, indeed.

sarahsweets
12-02-15, 12:10 PM
I need to stop looking at myself through the fun house mirror in my head.

midnightstar
12-02-15, 04:45 PM
I agree 100% with this message beautiful Bella :grouphug: :thankyou:

dvdnvwls
12-03-15, 02:32 AM
Hey everybody... we need to make sure that BellaVita reads this post, so if you see her around, tell her to have a look at it.

Delphine
12-03-15, 05:30 AM
Hey everybody... we need to make sure that BellaVita reads this post, so if you see her around, tell her to have a look at it.

:goodpost: Yes BellaVita. Right back atcha with your beautiful post. Absolutely gorgeous <3 xxx

BellaVita
12-03-15, 11:10 AM
Awwwww you guys :grouphug: :grouphug:

Delphine
12-03-15, 07:04 PM
I love this post so much. Being diagnosed so very recently has really shifted my world on it's axis for me.

Before that, I always felt like I was playing catch-up. Always somewhat stressed. Always falling short. Seemed the harder I tried, the more I set myself up for disappointment and consolation.

But upon diagnosis.... something in me stopped.
Like I could suddenly hear the sound of silence (more often, anyway).
I know shock usually does that - but for me, it rocked my world in a good way.

My previous imagined perceptions of what I had to live up to, or keep up with, kind of fell away. I knew I had to re-evaluate everything, all over again.

Beauty... 'success'... values... where-I-fit-in....everything

Realness suddenly mattered hugely to me - realness according to my own perceptions and experience of the world, as opposed to being continually under pressure to keep up with the 'norm'!
(Never even realised I was doing that before.)

Beauty definitely falls into this category. What I see as beautiful, and what I feel as beautiful is absolutely real as I see it and feel it. Just as real (or perhaps more real) as any image in a glossy.... and just as real as the evaluations of people I used to think had their finger on the pulse.

Looking at everything again now..... I'm seeing anew. Life has changed. I'm still figuring it all out. But none of my previous values matter too much anymore, because most of them were based in some form of 'keeping up'.. or basically, believing others values, I suppose.

I never before realised how stressful that was. Or how much I was enmeshed in all that nonsense. There is a very real sense of freedom in taking a step back to re-evaluate the world according to how I experience it and see it and feel it.

That is what makes me feel beautiful today. Someday.... I might even genuinely feel beautiful :)