View Full Version : Asking out

Virvelvind
12-04-15, 06:22 AM
Hi,

Maybe a bit stupid, but need some answer's.. I've asked a guy out to go on a date (I barely know) through a textmessage. He didn't reply, has his ADD (he mentioned he has) got something to do with not replying??*

Little Missy
12-04-15, 09:42 AM
Probably not.

That is the answer The Magic Eight Ball said.

Fuzzy12
12-04-15, 10:48 AM
It's very difficult to say. I often forget to reply to text messages, sometimes for months or years. However, if I was really excited or thrilled about something I'd be less likely to forget. Though what sometimes happens to me when I'm excited about something is that I think I've done something (like replied to someone) though I actually haven't.

Anyway, it's really impossible to say if this has got anything with ADHD. In general, I think, maybe just ask him if he received your text (if you are sure that you've got the right number) and if ignores that then just leave it. :scratch:

dvdnvwls
12-04-15, 03:01 PM
I'm a guy with ADHD. ADHD would almost certainly not make me forget that anyone asked me out, since getting asked out is a Very Big Deal. :) ADHD might make me suddenly "freeze" from feeling afraid to reply, though, especially if the person asking me out was someone I was actually interested in getting to know.

Stevuke79
12-04-15, 03:04 PM
Hi,

Maybe a bit stupid, but need some answer's.. I've asked a guy out to go on a date (I barely know) through a textmessage. He didn't reply, has his ADD (he mentioned he has) got something to do with not replying??*

based on what I know about the two of you .. :scratch:

Greyhound1
12-04-15, 03:18 PM
Hi,

It could be many many different reasons. I think ADD could be one but it would be way down the list of reasons IMO. Here would be my top 3.
1. Nervous or uncertain barely knowing you
2. Didn't receive text
3. Gay

BellaVita
12-04-15, 03:38 PM
I'm a guy with ADHD. ADHD would almost certainly not make me forget that anyone asked me out, since getting asked out is a Very Big Deal. :) ADHD might make me suddenly "freeze" from feeling afraid to reply, though, especially if the person asking me out was someone I was actually interested in getting to know.

Hey, wanna go out? ;)

To the OP: I agree with dvdnvwls.

ToneTone
12-06-15, 10:19 PM
Agree with the others.

Basically asking out someone you barely know rarely receives a positive reply.

Any way you can get to know this person a bit better and then ask him out?

If I'm asked out by someone I barely know (I guess it has happened in a rare moon), it actually feels uncomfortable. If the person doesn't know me, then how did they decide to ask me out? It's confusing.

Ideally you preface the asking out by mentioning of common interest or prompt for the proposal. "I heard you talking about X and X and you seemed to have some great ideas and I'd love to learn more ..."

More ideal still, you talk to someone in person and establish a good connection and you ask out based on the emotional energy of the connection.

Don't really see ADHD playing a role one way or the other.

Good luck.

Tone