View Full Version : Angry Kids Sensory Tools

Lunacie
12-10-15, 02:46 PM
I found "Sensory Hacks to Calm an Angry Child" by LemonLimeAdventures (look it up online) to be an interesting read.

My granddaughter has tried a couple of these in the past, but there are some new ones (to me) here that I want to try.

Years ago I made some flour-filled squishy balloons but when they break (and they do break) they make a mess. I love the idea of filling them with play dough. When it breaks, just roll it again and put it in a new balloon. :D

I'm thinking I could make a set of these to give the teachers in the autism classes for a holiday gift. ;)

My grandchild is 14 now and may think the dragon cup is silly, but she still needs help with calming breaths. And what a great way to teach a child with asthma to breathe through it!

Lunacie
12-10-15, 03:23 PM
Oops, I was so excited about some of these tools that I didn't pay attention to the page itself ... or whether it had advertising.

If you're interested in checking them out, PM me and I'll give you the link.

BellaVita
12-10-15, 03:32 PM
So cool!! :)

Something else that would have calmed me down as a child would be any sort of spinning device. Something that I could just watch spin.

I bet those autistic kids will love the play dough filled balloons!

Lunacie
12-10-15, 04:13 PM
We were selling the flour-filled balloons to adults for stress-busters. Awesome. And fun! :D