View Full Version : Cuddle swing

Cecily
12-17-15, 07:00 PM
Has anyone found that a cuddle swing benefitted a child with ADHD who does not also has obvious sensory processing issues? Does it help with the high emotional reactivity, low frustration level, anger or anxiety often associated with ADHD??

Khamy25
12-18-15, 06:31 PM
Hi,

Maybe you should try anyway.

TygerSan
12-20-15, 10:19 AM
Does your kid like the swings on the playground? If so, I'd totally give it a shot.

I had diagnosed sensory processing issues, along with all of the emotional stuff you mentioned. I know I would've *loved* the swing. Regardless of how much it overtly helps with the emotional regulation, just having a safe place to go when he's (she's?) melting down would help immensely. For me, though, it would have to be in a low-traffic area and I'd have to be able to be alone for the duration.

Although, FWIW, I'm an adult and the aspects of ADHD/LD that haunt me still are exactly the ones you just mentioned.

Cecily
12-21-15, 02:20 PM
Hi,

Maybe you should try anyway.

I would but they are a hundred-dollar investment and it'll be difficult to make space in our house.... Just want to determine whether it would likely be a good investment or not.

TygerSan
12-21-15, 02:26 PM
Could you see whether the school or psychotherapist's office would spring for it? Seems like there might be a grant or something that would help pay for this type of thing, and they're more likely to bite if it helps multiple kids. That way you'd get to see first-hand whether it helps your kid before investing that kind of money.

Khamy25
12-22-15, 09:36 AM
I would but they are a hundred-dollar investment and it'll be difficult to make space in our house.... Just want to determine whether it would likely be a good investment or not.

Try ebay.com maybe you could get one in second hand in perfect condition.

momto2js
12-28-15, 10:58 PM
I know this is a strange question because the obvious answer is "don't let them" but my sensory seeker would be swinging all over the place. I see the value but I really don't need another thing that requires consistent supervision and a string of "stop its".

Corina86
12-29-15, 02:55 PM
You should try buying one from a store with a convenient return policy. If you kid doesn't like it, you send it back.

Personally, I would've loved one of those as a kid. I love anything of this type: swings, hammocks, rocking chairs and I can swing/rock on them for hours even now as an adult. But it doesn't help with the ADHD at all. It might give your kid something safe and fun to do at home though.