View Full Version : Is Dexidrine more difficult to get filled than Adderall?

Lloyd_
12-20-15, 04:13 PM
Currently taking Adderall IR 30mg 3x a day and was thinking about switching to the equivalent mg of Dexidrine but was wondering if Dexidrine is more difficult to get filled than Adderall at the pharmacies?

Greyhound1
12-20-15, 04:37 PM
I switched from Adderall to dextroamphetamine (generic IR Dexedrine) and have had no major problems.

It's much easier to find a pharmacy which has Adderall in stock because it's much more prescribed. Initially, and several times my pharmacy would have to order Dex. in for me. It usually only takes a couple of days.

If you have a regular pharmacy discuss it with the Pharmacist and they may even stock a month's supply for you. Mine tries to do that for me. Occasionally, someone else must order it and they have to order mine. 3 days is the longest, I have had to wait. This is dealing with a major grocery store pharmacy.

I wouldn't worry too much about availability. It may just be a tab more inconvenient but no big deal.

Good luck with it.

dvdnvwls
12-20-15, 05:22 PM
There are a few medications that are very difficult to fill a prescription on. Dexedrine is not one of those. Sure it's somewhat less common than Adderall is, but if you had any problem at all, it would likely be solved by going down the street to the next pharmacy. It's not something that people complain about - at least not on a regular basis.