View Full Version : ADD Friendly Planners

squirrelGIRL
12-28-15, 11:50 AM
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I hope I am doing this right :) I am looking for a new planner for the year. I have been using Planner Pad and it has been very helpful, but I'm looking at other options.

Has anyone here ever tried the Smart Planner by ASN (ADHD SUCCESS NETWORK)?

It looks like it really could make a difference. It is specifically designed to help us succeed. But I can't find any reviews. So I thought I would ask you all.

Are there any other planners you have had success with? I am looking for one you write in rather than one on your phone or tablet. I need to be able to write in it and attach forms that have been filled out. I am an insurance agent and deal with paper forms all the time and I need a place to put them so that I will do what I am supossed to with them. Out of sight, out of mind. I do add things to my phone, but really as a back up and additional reminder. One is not enough for me LOL.

Thank you for any input :)

Unmanagable
12-28-15, 01:19 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood! Here's an older thread that may shed some light on what you're seeking. Best wishes in finding a user friendly planner, and mad props to you for keeping up with paperwork of any sort. :)

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173514&highlight=planners

Edited to add: Just noticed the word "planners" is highlighted in red in the link since I searched for it using that word. I never paid any attention to that before. Who knew? lol

Twiggy
12-28-15, 04:55 PM
Wow...those planners are super expensive (the Smart Planner by ASN).

Try going into an Office supply store and see what they have there.

I usually just use a composition notebook and a pen.

Little Missy
12-28-15, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah, compo notebook and a great pen. In a tooled leather thing that holds bills too.

K.I.T. Keep It Together, keep it together, keepittogether.

dvdnvwls
12-29-15, 12:24 AM
Things I think you should definitely consider:

Space - enough room, and the right kind of holders, to conveniently and securely keep the forms you're required to process. If it's hard to use, it probably won't work for long. If your forms need binder rings of the right size to hold them, or some kind of pockets to put them in, or stiff surfaces to clip them to, or an index to keep them in order, or ..., well, whatever it may be, make sure you've got that.

Don't set up a new system. Just take the system you're already using - because obviously it works - and make it more "official" and convenient to continue doing the same as always.

Space - Small enough that you'll continue to use it.

Format - study the actual ways you have used a planner in the past, and use one that allows you to continue doing exactly that - perhaps easier or more efficiently, but not much different. A planner that works with your instincts and habits is much more likely to succeed than one that doesn't.

dvdnvwls
12-29-15, 12:49 AM
I had to come back to say that I wonder if "ADD Friendly Planner" is something like "Vegan Friendly Bacon". :)

Make sure that it's you-friendly. That will probably work out better in the end.

stef
12-29-15, 05:14 AM
You can probably find a good see through thick plastic type folder with a snap or velcro to hold documents. I think I got these at Target.

Unmanagable
12-29-15, 07:39 AM
I had to come back to say that I wonder if "ADD Friendly Planner" is something like "Vegan Friendly Bacon". :)

Make sure that it's you-friendly. That will probably work out better in the end.

LMAO.....this takes me back to the time I tried to make eggplant bacon.......great point, dvd

Little Missy
12-29-15, 07:48 AM
Or when they came out with coats with a million different pockets everywhere and key clips and phone pockets. I had so much stuff all over the place I was more disorganized than ever.

sorry for the jack

Little Missy
12-29-15, 07:49 AM
LMAO.....this takes me back to the time I tried to make eggplant bacon.......great point, dvd

:lol: mornings are so fun!

sarahsweets
12-31-15, 04:55 AM
Through the years of trial and error Ive come to realize that despite my good intentions with planners they always end up unused. I have a huge wall calender in my kitchen which is where everything gets written down, It has the biggest boxes I could find and wasnt expensive, I think each box is like 2 inches by 2 inches or something like that. Anything I need to remember during the day I write down in a notepad and add it to my wall calender. I had to train myself to tell everyone that if I am not looking at the calender then no plans were ever set in stone.