View Full Version : ADD (heightened sensitivity) is ... ...

SB_UK
12-30-15, 01:16 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/12073557/Anxiety-acts-like-a-sixth-sense-which-could-save-your-life.html

Heightened anxiety because of heightened sensitivity.

Sensitivity (a good thing) sensitized (a bad thing)

- ADDers - best left alone.

SB_UK
12-30-15, 01:27 PM
highly sensitive people, who compose about a fifth of the population (equal numbers in men and women), may process sensory data much more deeply and thoroughly due to a ... well it's going to have something to do with the brain innit

Nearly one fifth of all adults suffer from anxiety (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/11731837/Make-anxiety-work-for-you-How-to-use-overthinking-to-your-advantage.html) or depression in Yukkyland.

Fuzzy12
12-30-15, 03:38 PM
..a pain in the backside. :(

Fuzzy12
12-30-15, 03:43 PM
Interesting article. I'm sure that anxiety, or rather the ability to feel anxiety, and therefore the ability to react quickly to danger signals, can come in handy in certain situations but the problem is that those situations are so few. Feeling constant anxiety on the absence of danger is extremely unpleasant to say the least.

I don't like that they clubbed depression and anxiety together in the article..maybe a minor point but it annoys me. I know that anxiety often goes along with depression but they are not the same thing.

SB_UK
01-05-16, 08:42 AM
Interesting article. I'm sure that anxiety, or rather the ability to feel anxiety, and therefore the ability to react quickly to danger signals, can come in handy in certain situations but the problem is that those situations are so few. Feeling constant anxiety on the absence of danger is extremely unpleasant to say the least.

I don't like that they clubbed depression and anxiety together in the article..maybe a minor point but it annoys me. I know that anxiety often goes along with depression but they are not the same thing.

First thoughts are that anxiety has a hyper element whereas depression has a hypo element -
mirroring ADHD and ADHD-I and the 2 states of bipolar disorder.

Anxiety feels like we're in a speedy,frenetic state - haven't time to think.
Depression feels like we're in a subdued, slowed state - haven't energy to think.