View Full Version : Where did you meet your spouse?

Sarah36
12-30-15, 10:20 PM
Im only asking because I dont know where to meet someone and need serious advice

sarahsweets
12-31-15, 03:45 AM
college when I was 18.

Gryphonfyre
01-23-16, 12:00 PM
Well, I met mine playing an online video game. We've been together 15 years now, fwiw. Best of luck, Sarah36.

Fuzzy12
01-23-16, 12:49 PM
Studying at University :o

dvdnvwls
01-23-16, 01:12 PM
The advice, proved so far by every answer you've received:

Do things that are important to you or that you like to do, but make sure those things require a group of people and not just yourself.

Take a course, start regularly attending a religious or community group, play a sport, join an organization that does good work, ... as long as it suits you and it can't be done alone.

If you don't have any things like that, then just go and try one. If you don't like it, try a different one.

There is no guarantee that you will "find someone". It's probably better to make sure you're living a good happy life and that you're part of a lot of groups, and then to have the attitude "if something happens, it happens".

(Strangely enough, my fiancée and I met on this forum.) :)
I had been through a divorce, and had expected never to meet anyone again.

Unmanagable
01-23-16, 01:19 PM
We initially met electronically when he sent me a message via yahoo chat one day introducing himself. I had stopped actively seeking a mate and wasn't really interested in dating at the time. He was fairly freshly divorced and I was overly cautious.

There was a majorly strong attraction before we met in person, and it just kept building, especially after we met. Our first face to face took place at a local pub with live music.

Previously, I was the type to jump right into the relationship gig, but not this time. We dated for almost a year before I agreed to even meet his kids, who lived with him f/t. Then we dated for about 5 years and he asked me to marry him. Been married now for 8 years.

Little Missy
01-23-16, 01:46 PM
At a Halloween party. All 6'3" of him in a way too small pink flannel bunny suit with limp ears and it was tied in a bow under his chin. The look on his face was priceless.

Tmoney
01-25-16, 12:56 PM
I had just gotten out of a relationship I moved to a new town and started working with kids during the day and bouncing at a club at night. My wife was a bartender at the same club and I was working one night on my Birthday and she made me some bake ziti.

Well that was it. I ate the bake ziti and it was awesome. She also gave me an upside down margarita at the bar and unfortunately the ziti reappeared!

Best places to meet people:
School - You know they are educated to some degree and they care about their future.
Work - They have a job.
Library - Again education is important
Laundry Mat - They can wash, dry and fold! You can tell by the clothes if they are married, involved with sports, if they have kids.
Grocery store - Healthy food, if they are buying for a family or not.

If that fails there is always online!

"A man is incomplete until he is married....then he is finished!"