View Full Version : DEXEDRINE SPANSULES priced too high

Quiet-eyes
01-09-16, 05:12 PM
Hi,
I am new to this site.
Ive been on brand Dexedrine spansules since 1995 but they are too expensive ($1500 Co-pay in NYC!) and Ive been cut off basically. I tried the CorePharma generic and it did NOTHING. I lost the plot for months on that stuff!

In fact, "the resurgence of attentional deficits may be more severe than prior to an individual taking either drug. Discontinuation of a potent psychostimulant is a difficult endeavor, characterized by severe fatigue, psychomotor slowing, sleepiness and depression."

Everyone says the active ingredient is the same, But I know it isnt. It has to do with molecule Isomers I think.

Does anyone know who the other Brand manufactures are ?
And are they available in NYC?

Here is my research:
I found the following companies that make brand & generic DEX:
http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01576

IMPAX :Amedra Pharmaceuticals (BRAND) What I take now A+
Lineage Therapeutics (BRAND)

Actavis (BRAND Canada only?)
Paladin Labs Inc (BRAND Canada only?)

IMPAX : CorePharma (Generic cr*p)
American Health Packaging (Generic)
Actavis Pharma, Inc. (Generic)
Teva (Generic)
Global (Generic)
Shire (Generic)
Mallinckrodt (Generic)
Aurolife Pharma, LLC (Generic)
Barr Laboratories Inc (also possible generic cr*p)

PS:
ALSO: Have u ever heard of these other Brands ?
ProCentra, Zenzedi, Metamina, Dextrostat or Liquadd ?
Are any of these long acting?

Thank you

I am so angry that this is happening to me. It shouldn't be legal to raise prices of
old drugs like this.. and then make inferior generics. They should have a duty of care... or at least "Do no harm".

They have certainly done me a lot of harm in their search for profit, thats for sure.

Quiet-eyes
01-13-16, 06:42 AM
Really thought I would at least get 1 reply from forum....

Sickle
01-19-16, 02:42 PM
The Mallinckrodt generic works well even though it is different from the brand. I am used to get brand tablets and spansules together because they were dirt cheap 10-15 years ago. Zenzedi is a brand that is pretty good but they are short acting only.

The Barr brand is garbage to me. Dextrostat went off the market not long after dexedrine tablets did but that was a good one too. I have never tried procentra but I know that is the liquid dexedrine.

dvdnvwls
01-19-16, 02:51 PM
I'm normally extremely suspicious of conspiracy theories, but I believe there is a plan to get Dexedrine off the market and force people onto substitutes.

Prancer
01-25-16, 05:01 PM
I've been on the barr brand for a few years the 10mg ER capsules but got switched to Mallinckrodt-sp? the past 3 months and they are NOT working at all. Been calling pharmacies to find anything else available but no luck.

Quiet-eyes
02-01-16, 06:30 PM
I've been on the barr brand for a few years the 10mg ER capsules but got switched to Mallinckrodt-sp? the past 3 months and they are NOT working at all. Been calling pharmacies to find anything else available but no luck.

I tried the CorePharma ones and they gave me a lot of anxiety and took ages to start working..
I am currently looking for these to try: Mallinckodt, Teva Barr, or Activis generics
But so far cant find them in NYC.
Its a nightmare isn't it?

Quiet-eyes
02-01-16, 06:35 PM
I'm normally extremely suspicious of conspiracy theories, but I believe there is a plan to get Dexedrine off the market and force people onto substitutes.

Well I completely agree with you! Cheaper generics made by same company.

I called the helpline for the Brand Dexedrine.. I found out that they are now owned by IMPAX. And IMPAX makes the CorePharma generic .. I tried those and they didn't work for me. Its an Isomer issue.
AND the FDA doesn't require that generic drugs be 100% = to the Brand.
GREAT! sigh :(

I called all these numbers.. They won't give you a straight answer. So something is definitely up. Check it out:
http://www.dexedrine.com/contactus.html

Quiet-eyes
02-01-16, 06:42 PM
The Mallinckrodt generic works well even though it is different from the brand. I am used to get brand tablets and spansules together because they were dirt cheap 10-15 years ago. Zenzedi is a brand that is pretty good but they are short acting only.

The Barr brand is garbage to me. Dextrostat went off the market not long after dexedrine tablets did but that was a good one too. I have never tried procentra but I know that is the liquid dexedrine.

The CorePharma generic spansules were Garbage to me! Anxiety and didn't kick in for ages. Im trying to find Teva Barr to try as well as Mallinckodt, and Activis generic Dex Spansules. No joy yet in NYC.

My pharmacist said he is getting some from Global Pharmaceuticals.. but after looking them up, they are owned by IMPAX.. and IMPAX makes the CorePharma that are crap for me.
Can it get any more confusing? And unfair?

Give them a call and complain.. This is the Brand Dexedrine help lines:
http://www.dexedrine.com/contactus.html

What state are you in?
T