View Full Version : Book - Fast Minds??

DJ Bill
01-12-16, 12:45 PM
The book, Fast Minds -- by Surnam, Bilkey, Weintraub

Anyone read it and found it helpful? I was checking it out at the library last night but didn't get time to take a really good look.. It appears to be full of strategies for dealing with adhd....

I found a few other books there too about ADHD...Interesting variation on viewpoints. Of course the was the requisite all natural way to help you ADHD (Note it did not claim to heal it or cure it....thankfully!) and there were a few about this controversial "new" fad disorder....ugh!

Sure did have a lot of ADD books.....and a few that were about ADHD.. (The latter being much more current..)

dvdnvwls
01-12-16, 05:40 PM
I don't know the books...

Just wanted to say that when you see some titles saying ADD and other titles saying ADHD, those are both referring to exactly the same things. Some of the books are just not as new.

There may be types and differences and things according to some people - and those people may be right, I don't know - but all types and variations are explicitly all contained under one name in the current diagnostic manuals.

DJ Bill
01-12-16, 07:31 PM
I don't know the books...

Just wanted to say that when you see some titles saying ADD and other titles saying ADHD, those are both referring to exactly the same things. Some of the books are just not as new.

There may be types and differences and things according to some people - and those people may be right, I don't know - but all types and variations are explicitly all contained under one name in the current diagnostic manuals.

I was kinda referencing that when I said there were lots of ADD books and not as many ADHD, meaning they had a lot of older books. ..But I guess that wasn't clear except to me. :o :D

I forgot to include the second half of the title on the cover: F.A.S.T. Minds, Thriving with ADHD

Pilgrim
01-14-16, 06:12 AM
I've got that book! I think the guy that wrote it is quite knowledgable. He talks a lot about strategies to deal with it.
I like it.

sarahsweets
01-14-16, 10:25 AM
I've got that book! I think the guy that wrote it is quite knowledgable. He talks a lot about strategies to deal with it.
I like it.
As long ads his strategies are not promoted as cures and he doesnt think what hes written should replace meds, then its good to learn more.

Pilgrim
01-14-16, 04:44 PM
As long ads his strategies are not promoted as cures and he doesnt think what hes written should replace meds, then its good to learn more.

This guy is smart, I think he's Harvard Medical school or something.
He could be an authority on it one day. The books a bit dry though. You can you tube this guy Surman MD.

Steph229
01-27-16, 03:51 AM
I just decided to buy the book for my kindle. It had really good reviews on amazon and lord knows I need some strategies to organize my life lol

windsoul
01-27-16, 11:00 AM
interesting you posted this.. i was reading it at the library 2 weeks ago, about the same time you posted