View Full Version : My addictions

Quickquestion8
01-13-16, 04:31 AM
I have been chewing tobacco for 4 years straight, taking 40mg Adderall xr every day possible for a year straight and occasionally throughout high school, I drink 1-2 cups of coffee with sugar a day, I also drinking whisky or beer around 3 nights a week, Smoking weed since I was 14, this year I've been smoking 5-6 blunts a week. I was big into working out, gaining muscle, and staying in shape. Ever since I entered college and got prescribed adderall 20mg xr, my life has changed in many ways. I stopped working out and dieting due to the side effects of the adderall, I lose a lot of sleep I would normally have working on school work, My diet is probably 2 meals a day, with a ton of water, and a lot of milk. I have probably lost around 10 lbs so far. My 3 year relationship gets rocky sometimes due to the depression that I feel, and other anxiety or emotional issues. I tend to stay home from the bars to continue doing productive work on Fridays, and even my birthday. I can tell my girlfriend is being impacted by my change in behavior on or off the adderall. The benefits of adderall include happiness, A very high college GPA, The want to succeed and do work, A better personality, Less shy, I've never tried so hard in school in my entire life, good friendships, the want to read, and much much more. Now that you know my addictions, I ask if anyone knows the heart problems, or potential problems that may form from all these addictions. Also is adderall dangerous for your heart due to the increase in your heart rate? Will I be okay living this way?, I Just turned 20 and I don't want to stop doing this until I am out of college, It allows me to get all A's and B's when normally I couldn't get higher than a C+ and usually a few D's. :confused: PLEASE HELP

Little Missy
01-13-16, 08:22 AM
Honestly? The only person that can help you is yourself unless you want to check yourself into re-hab.

sarahsweets
01-13-16, 10:12 AM
I have been chewing tobacco for 4 years straight,[quote] taking 40mg Adderall xr every day possible for a year straight and occasionally throughout high school
What do you mean by everyday possible and occasionally through high school? Did you switch doctors or insurance or something?

, I drink 1-2 cups of coffee with sugar a day, I also drinking whisky or beer around 3 nights a week, Smoking weed since I was 14, this year I've been smoking 5-6 blunts a week.
You have to drop the weed. It does nothing for adhd.

I lose a lot of sleep I would normally have working on school work, My diet is probably 2 meals a day, with a ton of water, and a lot of milk.
You must not have good sleep hygiene. School work shouldnt mess with your sleep schedule that much if you have a good sleep plan.

I have probably lost around 10 lbs so far. My 3 year relationship gets rocky sometimes due to the depression that I feel, and other anxiety or emotional issues. I tend to stay home from the bars to continue doing productive work on Fridays, and even my birthday. I can tell my girlfriend is being impacted by my change in behavior on or off the adderall.

The benefits of adderall include happiness, A very high college GPA, The want to succeed and do work, A better personality, Less shy, I've never tried so hard in school in my entire life good friendships, the want to read, and much much more.
I suspect that there are less of these things attributed to adderall than you think.
Now that you know my addictions, I ask if anyone knows the heart problems, or potential problems that may form from all these addictions.
Are they addictions? Can you stop if you wanted to?

Pilgrim
01-13-16, 04:35 PM
Knock one bad habit off at a time, I'd start with marijuana. Start working out again.

CanisPinnacle
01-16-16, 05:32 PM
"An Addiction is you loving something more than life itself." - Joe Rogan