View Full Version : How much medication is too much, is it bad for me if I need a lot

Incognito1
01-13-16, 10:37 PM
My name is Myra, I am a 28 year old female with ADHD who takes 63-72 mg of concerta daily. I am 5'2 148lbs.

That's the only dose that completely controls my ability to focus and perform well in my job. I've been taking it for at least 10 years in varying amounts.

I have a few questions...the pharmacy tells me 2 36 tablets is two doses rather than one?

Is this bad for my health? If so how?

Will this kill me too soon or mess up my heart if I take this dose forever?

Why does it feel like it's working if it's too much? Why do I need so much?

Sometimes maybe once a week I have a few glasses (1-4) of wine at the end of the day like 10-12 hours after taking concerta. Or (I typically don't drink and smoke at the same time) I will smoke some pot 10-12 hours after taking it. Is this bad for me.

Am I killing myself or okay? People call me an indigo child.

Any advice appreciated.

sarahsweets
01-14-16, 05:40 AM
My name is Myra, I am a 28 year old female with ADHD who takes 63-72 mg of concerta daily. I am 5'2 148lbs.

That's the only dose that completely controls my ability to focus and perform well in my job. I've been taking it for at least 10 years in varying amounts.

I have a few questions...the pharmacy tells me 2 36 tablets is two doses rather than one?

Just because they are two pills taken at the same time doesnt meant thatstwo doses. As far as I know they dont make concerta in a 72mg pill so it will have to be 2 pills to get that dose.

If you dont feel bad taking that much and your doctor says its safe than I wouldnt worry so much about it.

Sometimes maybe once a week I have a few glasses (1-4) of wine at the end of the day like 10-12 hours after taking concerta. Or (I typically don't drink and smoke at the same time) I will smoke some pot 10-12 hours after taking it. Is this bad for me.

Smoking pot or drinking with it isnt good for your body. Pot especially mixed with stimulants is a bad idea. From personal experience it made me racey and paranoid.

Any advice appreciated.

What do you mean by this?

Little Missy
01-14-16, 08:32 AM
Indigo children, according to a pseudoscientific New Age concept, are children who are believed to possess special, unusual, and sometimes supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe and further developed by Jan Tober and Lee Carroll.

Lunacie
01-14-16, 11:39 AM

Any advice appreciated.

My granddaughter's dose of Concerta was increased to 72 mg when she was in middle school.

It worked very well for her, but wore off before the school day was over, none left for homework.

That dose isn't "too much." It's simply towards the top end of the dosage range.