View Full Version : Immune system and Dex. + SSRI's

Idmagh
01-25-16, 09:03 AM
Hi everyone!

Eight years ago Iíve been prescribed Fluvoxamine (brand name Fevarin) because of an minor depression. In the years since then I have never been able to get off it, even though I tried multiple times. Every time I try to lower the dose I get awful withdrawal symptomes. I know for sure that I donít need it anymore, but lowering causes my brain to disarray.

Two years ago Iíve been prescribed Dexamphetamine because I got a diagnosis ADD. This medicine changed everything, for the first time in my life I was, and still am, able to function on my true level. Two years later iím half way between finishing university, with great grades and self-confidence. So far so good, except the fact that my immune system appears to be struggling with the medicines I take. Every two or three months I get ill. If thereís a flu going round Iíll definitely catch it.

Because I know that medicines are a burden to the body I try to live as healthy as possible, by:
- Eating 400 grams vegetables a day
- Drink enough water
- Avoid fried stuff
- Taking wey proteines (becaus I hardly eat any meat)
- Eating 4 or 5 fruit a day
- Getting a minimum 8 hours of sleep
- Excercizing 2 or 3 times a week
- Avoiding saturated fat
- Taking vit. D supp and magnesium citrate supp.
But despite a this above Iím still getting sick very often.

What are the thinks you all do to avoid getting a weaker immune system? And can this be a sign of a too high/low level of serotonine in my brain, due to simultaneously getting SSRI and Stimulants?

Iím on:
- 100 mg Fluvoxamine
- 50 mg Dexamphetamine

Thanks!

sarahsweets
01-26-16, 04:23 AM
I dont think this has anything to do with your current meds. When is the last time you had a physical with blood work?