View Full Version : Paralyzed and too overwhelmed to do anything

juneyam
01-26-16, 12:35 PM
I'm having a hard time just trying not to crumble today. No big tasks needed today, just regular taking care of the house and kids. But I'm feeling so overwhelmed that I want to freak out and just be paralyzed in bed. Wanted to make a simple phone call to ask a doctor questions about one of my kids, and too overwhelmed. Making absent-minded mistakes all morning. I'm on 15 mg of Adderall in the mornings, which is just enough to not get overwhelmed (though not as productive as the first week I was on it) but it's feeling like it's not doing anything today. Too overwhelmed to fold laundry and put away snow clothes still strewn in the living room from the weekend. Almost too overwhelmed to write this post.

thelostone
01-26-16, 01:05 PM
Freak out. Find a private place and just yell and hit something soft and when your energy is spent, get back up and tell yourself it's just a bad day. Everyone has them. Then try to accomplish something small. At the very least you might feel a little better. :)

Lunacie
01-26-16, 01:51 PM
Sorry it's a rough day.

Have you been getting enough to eat and drink, getting enough sleep?

Could you be getting sick? getting your period?

How long have you been on this dose? It may be time for an increase.

sarahsweets
01-26-16, 02:08 PM
You are not alone. I would recommend seeing your doctor to talk about your dosage.

pelargonium
01-31-16, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry you had a bad day and I hope today is better for you. We all have overwhelming days, just start afresh when you can, but be aware and ask for help if they become too frequent. Take care x

FrazzyNightOwl
02-02-16, 07:14 PM
Oh my gosh. Sounds like I wrote thisearly this morning. I felt the same way. I had my kids Father watch them and i am enjoying lunch by myself. I feel much better. Try to get some alone time.