View Full Version : Computer Sound

midnightstar
01-27-16, 04:48 PM
Anyone else got Windows 10 and found the computer sound has suddenly stopped working for no reason? Mine's not been working since yesterday, tried everything my tech-savvy brother suggested and still no sound at all from the windows 10 laptop. It's not on mute, troubleshooter says everything's fine, all sound is switched on, turned everything up to full volume, still not even so much as a squeak from the sound thing.

What's going on???

dvdnvwls
01-27-16, 04:56 PM
It could have been working OK before and then suddenly stopped when a little speaker wire came loose. You wouldn't necessarily have had to do anything wrong to make that happen - it could be a factory defect.

midnightstar
01-27-16, 04:58 PM
What do I do then dvd? Does it need laptop doctor?

dvdnvwls
01-27-16, 05:00 PM
If you've tried everything that your tech-savvy brother suggested and it still won't work, then that would be my guess. Someone who is honest would be nice to find. :)

Don't tell them what you think; just tell them what you know for sure. (For example, "The other day, the sound suddenly stopped working. I tried everything my tech-savvy brother suggested, and I still can't get it to work." Not "I think there's a loose wire".)

acdc01
03-04-16, 12:07 AM
Before you pay someone, have you gone to your device manager and looked to see if your sound driver was ok?

If that isn't it, maybe try recover your windows from a backup that was created before you had your volume issues?

Then try a factory reset if that doesn't work? Backup your laptop before you do any of this though.

I'm not a computer expert. That's just what I do whenever I have issues and can't figure them out. Hopefully it's software and not hardware issue. Oops just realized this thread is a month old - guessing your laptop is already fixed.

midnightstar
03-04-16, 05:12 AM
Yep it's already fixed, the sound decided to work again by itself, must've been a glitch or something idk :scratch:

Thanks acdc and dvd :grouphug:

mchclay
05-13-16, 11:48 AM
I was with acdc. First step in troubleshooting is restart the affected hardware. If I had a dollar for every time I have said that I would be a rich man :-)

Mercurial
07-09-16, 09:49 AM
Listen up,
Windows 10 is a nightmare, everyone in the tech world knows it, It is worse than Windows Millenium.
Driver issues, secret arrangements with facebook, twitter, google (and assoc co's) all being shared with the NSA and homeland obscurity.

Start learning Linux, it is so easy, Ubuntu 14.04 from sourceforge.net, it will pick up every driver and update, way better thaan Windooze:eek:

All the best
Merc