View Full Version : Do you have.. -Normal AD(H)D..

mildadhd
01-28-16, 11:51 PM
Do you have..

-Normal AD(H)D
-Normal-Moderate AD(H)D
-Moderate AD(H)D
-Moderate-Severe AD(H)D
-Severe AD(H)D

sarahsweets
01-29-16, 03:28 AM
Severe.

DJ Bill
01-29-16, 08:18 AM
What are the definitions? Normal ADHD?? Or are these diagnostic criteria?

I really have no idea how to answer the poll..

Fuzzy12
01-29-16, 08:20 AM
What's more severe? Normal or moderate??

Anyway, I'm not sure. The psych who diagnosed me said he'd classify me as having moderate - severe symptoms with moderate impairments (meaning that my environment compensates a lot, I guess). I don't really believe that though to be honest. I think my symptoms are mild-moderate and possibly made worse by comorbids..or maybe I have super mild ADHD made a lot worse by comorbids.

How would you know?

Unmanagable
01-29-16, 09:51 AM
They used the term "severe" in front of several of my diagnoses. Even the ones they got wrong.

SB_UK
01-29-16, 10:58 AM
'Other' - wholly dependent on environment

In sun, in silence, outdoors - zero impairment - mind functions perfectly in daydream

Doing anything pointless requiring attention - incapacity to pay attention - mind refuses to waste itself considering questions of zero worth.

mildadhd
01-29-16, 09:12 PM
Double posted see post below.

mildadhd
01-29-16, 09:15 PM
Normal ADHD is like normal anxieties or normal depressions, etc. Everyone sometimes has normal anxieties, normal depressions, normal ADHDs, etc. But not all people have the same severity of anxieties, depressions, ADHDs, etc.

mctavish23
01-29-16, 10:15 PM
Severe - based on the severity of the symptoms (of ADHD), and the degree of impair-

-ment they cause in my daily functioning.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

BellaVita
01-29-16, 10:21 PM
Severe.

mildadhd
01-29-16, 10:23 PM
I was diagnosed with moderate ADD. My profile name "mildadhd" is meant to help remind me that a AD(H)D, exists biologically to some degree in everyone.

mildadhd
01-29-16, 10:31 PM
My ADHDs are dependent on at least two things, my epigenetically inherited hypersensitive temperament together with my environment.

Distressful days feel like moderate-severe.

Eustressful days feel like normal-moderate.

SB_UK
01-30-16, 12:52 AM
My ADHDs are dependent on at least two things, my epigenetically inherited hypersensitive temperament together with my environment.

Distressful days feel like moderate-severe.

Eustressful days feel like normal-moderate.

Aren't eustressful days sometimes joyful ?

Pointing at days where you don't want to leave the sun and the silence.

Had those days previously but have worn out my feet :( by moving.

mildadhd
01-31-16, 10:41 PM
It feels like it rained mostly everyday, for months now. But I do feel better when the sun does come out, especially as the days get longer. Sometimes I feel better when I move and sometimes I feel better if I rest. Sometimes I feel better if I eat, sometimes I feel better when I don`t eat. Sometimes I feel better when I stand up and sometimes I feel better when I lay down. I have had eustressful days that end tragically, and distressful days than end joyfully. I also wonder if temperaments are on a spectrum of some type? (also depends on individual circumstances)

SB_UK
02-01-16, 05:11 AM
It feels like it rained mostly everyday, for months now. But I do feel better when the sun does come out, especially as the days get longer. Sometimes I feel better when I move and sometimes I feel better if I rest. Sometimes I feel better if I eat, sometimes I feel better when I don`t eat. Sometimes I feel better when I stand up and sometimes I feel better when I lay down. I have had eustressful days that end tragically, and distressful days than end joyfully. I also wonder if temperaments are on a spectrum of some type? (also depends on individual circumstances)

homeostasis

+ - =

Atainaing balance from imbalance appears to be the evolutioanry motif.

aeon
02-01-16, 05:12 AM
Severe.

SB_UK
02-01-16, 05:15 AM

SB_UK
02-01-16, 05:16 AM
+ - uneven temperament

+- even temperament

who wants to sit on the extreme ?
For every high there's an equal and opposite low.

SB_UK
02-01-16, 07:00 AM
The terrorist (if quizzed) will score poorly in tests of morality - and is able to perform acts of an extreme nature.

uneven temperament + an individual gaining morality -> even keel

Uneven temperament most often takes its shape from fluctuating blood glucose readings.

psyhology today article just referenced
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201203/do-carbs-make-you-crazy

In 1966 Dr. Salzer found that:
...patients with relative hypoglycemia have been diagnosed as having psychoneurotic anxiety, psychoneurotic depression, depressive reactions, schizophrenia (https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/schizophrenia), manic-depressive psychosis, psychopathic personality (https://www.psychologytoday.com/basics/personality), chronic alcoholism, convulsive disorders, migraine, idiopathic cephalalgia, second cervical root syndrome, neurodermatitis, and even hypertensive cardiovascular disease...

SB_UK
02-01-16, 07:08 AM
Why would wisdom (enforced moral consistency) place the individual on an even keel ?

'nothing to get hung about'Well - any issues which might cause fluctuation can be solved using the rational mind ie if distress is caused by immersing oneself in {xyz} - then extricate.
The sorts of views which are associated with rage ie occupying any 'them and us' position ie person of x religion, not y nationality, not z colour is bad - are not tenable - we can't occupy an immoral position - since the generation of a mind (fixed morality) can't occupy (obtain reward from) - what is - actually - a battle of 'logical models within the mind' for dominion.

When people wage war - it's not people who wish to kill people - but an idea which seeks to defeat/subsume another idea.

The classical pattern of Imperialism ie 'ideology' ie for 'ideology' (a religious perspective, an anti-religious perspective, an ethnic cleansing perspective) is to 'take over' the planet - is actually a misconstrued desire for a model of understanding to be shared by all people.
Lots of bad ideas trying to become the dominant idea.

All ideas wiped out by a simple model of evolution which involves polar oppistes evolving after reaching basal balacne (homeostasis).

This model of understanding represents a model of evolution - and this model of evolution explains everything from the ground up - and is a Theory of Absolutely Everything - simply the Universal imperative for exponential information increase or 'creation' - which occurs as an axiom - ie the sole axiom of what we call reality is 'creativity' (to a pattern) - which despite being able to identify - cannot second guess for exactly the reason that monkeys can't imagine playing with a ball - transcendental evolution implies that pre-emergent evolutionary structures can't grasp what lies by definition outside of their frame of reference.

Adenosine
02-12-16, 07:19 PM
Severe.Were I not constantly tired in my natural state, I would rank the impairments as moderate, but this shall be my answer as well.

Lunacie
02-12-16, 08:03 PM
I don't know whether I have mild, moderate or severe adhd.

I do know that my comorbids make my impairments worse, probably severe.

(anxiety, depression, ptsd, fibromyalgia, migraine, arthritis, allergies. sensory)

SB_UK
02-13-16, 07:48 AM
Were I not constantly tired in my natural state, I would rank the impairments as moderate, but this shall be my answer as well.

yes - over stimulation

- tiredness.

Can escape this by seeking low stimultion environments - basic idea covered by Markram (very senior researcher) and Intense World Theory.

The norm is to enjoy surprises, stimulation - ADDers aren't designed to operate in that environment- drives a stress response - likes regularity.

Bit like dogs - like routine.

But surely variety is the spice of life, travel broadens the mind - all nonsense - just read until you know enough then breathe.

Pilgrim
02-13-16, 09:41 AM
Stressful unless life is nearly perfect, but I'll never tell.

daveddd
02-13-16, 10:12 AM
a gift (i voted severe though )