View Full Version : Is desoxyn still available?

oreganosis222
01-29-16, 03:29 PM
I've been wanting to try desoxyn since all other meds I've tried don't or stopped working. I've heard that the brand name has stopped and mylan stopped producing generic. Is there anyone still producing it?

namazu
01-29-16, 07:05 PM
Recordati Rare Diseases produces a 5mg dose of Desoxyn, per both FDA and the company's website. The site has a medication guide dated 11/2015, so it seems likely they're still producing it.

Per FDA, Roxane and Coastal Pharms also have active approval to produce 5mg generics.

Roxane's catalog and website make no mention of it; however, they only got approval to produce it in November 2015, so they may not have updated the catalog or begun production yet.

Regarding the 11/2015 date on both Recordati's med guide and Roxane's approval, I don't know if the two companies have some kind of agreement, or if that's merely coincidence.

Coastal Pharms was producing it, I think, under some agreement with Mylan, so if Mylan has in fact discontinued it, then perhaps they no longer do. But per FDA, it has not (yet) been officially discontinued.

Now, whether any given pharmacy stocks it is another issue, and potentially a challenge.

My impression is that, like other stimulants, methamphetamine works for some people, not so well for others, and is neither a terrible scourge when taken as prescribed, nor a magic bullet. But if you're running out of options and your doctor prescribes it, I hope it will work well for you.

oreganosis222
02-05-16, 11:05 PM
Recordati Rare Diseases produces a 5mg dose of Desoxyn, per both FDA and the company's website. The site has a medication guide dated 11/2015, so it seems likely they're still producing it.

Per FDA, Roxane and Coastal Pharms also have active approval to produce 5mg generics.

Roxane's catalog and website make no mention of it; however, they only got approval to produce it in November 2015, so they may not have updated the catalog or begun production yet.

Regarding the 11/2015 date on both Recordati's med guide and Roxane's approval, I don't know if the two companies have some kind of agreement, or if that's merely coincidence.

Coastal Pharms was producing it, I think, under some agreement with Mylan, so if Mylan has in fact discontinued it, then perhaps they no longer do. But per FDA, it has not (yet) been officially discontinued.

Now, whether any given pharmacy stocks it is another issue, and potentially a challenge.

My impression is that, like other stimulants, methamphetamine works for some people, not so well for others, and is neither a terrible scourge when taken as prescribed, nor a magic bullet. But if you're running out of options and your doctor prescribes it, I hope it will work well for you.
I heard about roxane getting approval for a generic on drugs.com, I've thought the same about why they haven't put it in their catalog yet. While I know it's hit and miss with ADHD meds, desoxyn has a bit higher success rate (out of over a hundred reviews, I've only read two bad ones, and rates #1 on drugs.com for ADHD) and generally less side effects(usually none at all), but depends always on the person.

oreganosis222
02-06-16, 11:49 PM
I almost forgot, thanks for the info namazu.