View Full Version : I have come so far

BellaVita
01-31-16, 07:20 PM
So recently, I was feeling a bit depressed, wished I could be doing more things.

But then my fiancÚ began talking to me, telling me I have come so far.

Just over 2 years ago I was a frightened girl, locking myself in my room, scared at any moment my Dad would come home and start yelling and cursing at me. Living with him was safer than living with my other parent - even though he abused me every day. He was more predictable. I couldn't sleep at night, basically slept with one eye open. Scared and traumatized from that time I got locked up against my will, afraid I'd hear banging on the door. Afraid to live. Afraid to do anything.

I would have never thought that in just two years I would be exercising every day, cooking, training an awesome dog, doing things...doing THINGS!

I mean...even lately I've somehow been managing to wake up at the same time each day. Now that was unheard of back then.

I'm just like wow....I really have come so far. I would have cried back then at the thought of me being able to do things.

I still have days where the flashbacks and anxiety are pretty debilitating, but I'm having more good days now.

I'm proud of myself. I never knew I was this strong, sometimes I forget that I am and just feel weak, but I really have overcome so much.

Me from 2 years ago wouldn't have guessed that life would improve this much.

Unmanagable
01-31-16, 07:34 PM
:yes:

Oh what a feeling!!!!!!!!

midnightstar
01-31-16, 07:34 PM
I'm so proud of you Bella :grouphug:

Pilgrim
02-01-16, 12:59 PM
:grouphug::grouphug:

dvdnvwls
02-01-16, 02:21 PM
I'm proud of you, and proud of what you're doing. :grouphug:

Everybody feels weak sometimes; the world is big, and when anybody takes an honest look at the world and everything in it, they can't help feeling weak and small and in awe.

But this time, after looking in awe at the world, you looked back at yourself, and you thought "I'm proud of myself. I never knew I was this strong, sometimes I forget that I am and just feel weak, but I really have overcome so much".

:yes:

As great as it is, this is just the beginning. Everyone who is supporting you and paying attention to what you're doing knows that "we ain't seen nothin' yet"!

:grouphug: :grouphug:

qanda
02-01-16, 08:25 PM
I don't think people do this enough. Look at themselves and feel proud that they have been through so much and are still going, even improving. You should feel proud. Life is harder for some, that is for sure, and making it though deserves a big pat on the back for sure.

anonymouslyadd
02-02-16, 02:26 AM
This is why you're one of my heroes. Although, I admired you before these accomplishments.

sarahsweets
02-02-16, 05:49 AM
Good for you Bella and I so identify. I felt the same way after my first year of sobriety. I thought I was going to live in shambles forever. Knowing what I know now, I would still go through it all again because the life I lead now is spectacular.

KarmanMonkey
04-01-16, 04:02 PM
It's amazing how we can still feel like a failure even when we've succeeded in so much... It's a good thing we have people that remind us of the good, or that we're able to bring ourselves back to that mindset; embracing and celebrating the successes, and giving ourselves credit for the strength of character and the effort they took.

TheGreatKing
04-01-16, 04:16 PM
I am so happy for you!
:)
one day i hope i will be there too friend.