View Full Version : Lying to my psychiatrist

420_easter
02-05-16, 10:44 PM
hello, I was wondering if there was anyway my psychiatrist could find out if I "hypothetically" lied and said "my insurance doesn't cover concerta"

namazu
02-05-16, 11:12 PM
I don't know the answer to that.

Why would you want to lie, though?

If you want to try a different medication (for example), why not just be honest with your doctor?

dvdnvwls
02-06-16, 12:31 AM
One simple way they might be able to find out is if they happen to know that another patient of theirs has the same insurance and is taking Concerta. I wouldn't take the chance, because if by any method they ever found out you lied, not only would that doctor have a chance of not taking you back, they would also write into your file exactly what happened, thus making future doctors less likely to take you as well. This kind of lie isn't worth whatever you would get from telling it.

420_easter
02-06-16, 12:36 AM
i wasn't considering doing it, to make it clear. on a separate note I don't like how the concerta takes awhile to effect me and how I only have any noticeable effects for around 4 hours after it "kicks in" when it's supposed to last 10-12 hours but telling a doctor that could possibly be mistaken as drug seeking behavior and I'm scared of losing that little 4 hours as it's the only time I can get anything done.

truth being I have a co pay with concerta which makes it affordable with family help as I'm currently unemployed but I don't feel comfortable "mooching" off of family members for my own problems and I don't want to say it's only 10$ cause that makes me look poor and I'm afraid of judgement even tho legally I know they can't judge you like that but it's still a concern I also believe I suffer from anxiety but I just recently seen a psychiatrist and it's a long road.

420_easter
02-06-16, 12:53 AM
I'm honestly embarrassed of even asking such a stupid hypothetical question and apologise for my impulsiveness if there is anyway to remove this whole thread I'd be greatly appreciative, thankyou for your understanding and I apologise for my Absent ignorant minded post.

daveddd
02-06-16, 01:00 AM
I'm honestly embarrassed of even asking such a stupid hypothetical question and apologise for my impulsiveness if there is anyway to remove this whole thread I'd be greatly appreciative, thankyou for your understanding and I apologise for my original ignorant minded post.

no it won't be deleted

shake it off , and stick around , this place can be good for us, and fun

we all have had impulsive posts we're embarrassed by

i have at least one a day

but its what being ADHD is about, we learn from each other and understand each other

sarahsweets
02-06-16, 07:54 AM
I don't like how the concerta takes awhile to effect me and how I only have any noticeable effects for around 4 hours after it "kicks in" when it's supposed to last 10-12 hours
IME those long acting drugs never are as long lasting as they are purported to be.
but telling a doctor that could possibly be mistaken as drug seeking behavior and I'm scared of losing that little 4 hours as it's the only time I can get anything done.

Why would telling a doctor that concerta isnt working look like drug seeking behavior?

truth being I have a co pay with concerta which makes it affordable with family help as I'm currently unemployed but I don't feel comfortable "mooching" off of family members for my own problems and I don't want to say it's only 10$ cause that makes me look poor and I'm afraid of judgement even tho legally I know they can't judge you like that but it's still a concern
It doesnt matter if 10$ is hard or 100$ is hard. You cant afford it so you say, so just be honest. A good doctor isnt going to be like : " oh man this patient is so poor I cant treat them anymore"

420_easter
02-06-16, 11:59 AM
IME those long acting drugs never are as long lasting as they are purported to be. I read around and a few people claimed that but only one claimed it only lasted as long as I noticed the effects, he also was a big guy like me could it be related to my size?

or can you explain why it has such a short duration for me? on my research I noticed the 22% of the medication hits you immediately while the 78% released over a period of the 10-12 hrs and half life ranges from 3.5hrs to 6 hours and 10% of the medication never absorbs into your body.

Why would telling a doctor that concerta isnt working look like drug seeking behavior?

I really can't explain my logic behind this question. except with my age and just now seeking help it's hard to find a doctor/psychiatrist that understands that when I was a child I was unable to seek treatment due to my mother's ideology last time I tried to ask anyone bout it was my pediatrician and she said sense I wasn't diagnosed and treated as a child I probably didn't have it.

so i went to a psychiatrist and he was making me jump thru so many hoops wrote down atleast 10 different tests I had to get done than he was like "if you do all of that and still feel like you have adhd i'll write you a script for Adderall" I later looked him up while I was searching for a psychiatrist and noticed he was rated 1 star on healthgrade (surprise surprise)

It doesnt matter if 10$ is hard or 100$ is hard. You cant afford it so you say, so just be honest. A good doctor isnt going to be like : " oh man this patient is so poor I cant treat them anymore"

I'm not worried about that I'm more worried about him judging me in his head, idk it's stupid but I really worry a lot about what other people think of me.