View Full Version : Help, Whats it mean ?

Lil'Rosa
02-10-16, 09:21 PM
Hello to all you Divas , I have a question, Ive been on Adderall for around 15 years for ADD . But recently with in the last 5 years have been diagnosed with Fybromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and the best of all HEP C, have noooo idea where that came from. Under a great deal of stress and am 49. Awsome right ?

Im now on Wellbutrin 300, prozac 20mg, Vyvanse 70ml and adderall 20 3xs a day. Allrighty then , I am trying to move, my husband has bone cancer & is unable to work. I now work from home , major paycut , its half of what i use to make .

I asked my DR. to add 1 more 20mg adderall at the end of my day like 6:00 pm I work from 10:30 to 7:00pm take all my meds at 8:00 am 2nd adderall around 11:00 3rd at about 2:3 0. Good until 6:00 ish my rubber band starts unwinding. She said no, its not going to help ,That i'm at the Max dose of 60mg.

She then asked me if I have a problem with a urine test. Let me explain real quick, I had to go to O.K. for my mom she was very ill and had to have emergency surgery. In a rush to get back didn't want to lose my job, left my cosmetic bag in her bathroom YES , All my meds in it. She thought it looked suspicious. My Dr, asked if I shared them with my husband,I said no he has Cancer he has his own Meds.

Then it was, do you add any type recreational type of Drugs? I said "what? " She asked me ,you know like, weed, alcohol, crack , meth ,cocaine. I said "hell no?' why would you ask that? Back to it being suspicious, I left my meds in O.K.Brother I didnt know that was such a Big deal . I only had a week left before my refill.

DAMN IT, I just want to be able to be just a LITTLE productive after 7:00 pm. I let her make me feel embarrassed and ashamed she said "asking me to up a Stimulant is not good, adding more will not help you need to just deal with it." So she sent me for a Urine test she said it will tell her if I'm taking more than I should .

Man I feel really bad about myself, like i'm some kind of addict begging for more , how am I able to do what I need to do if I feel like **** , ?
My urine test came back ,can y'all help me understand it ? what the heck does Amph Triage 1000ng/ml Results 21112/ Standard Range 250 ?HVC,RNA,QN,PCR results/7.11 Standard Range<1.18 ? HCV,RNA< results 12883269/ Standard L15 ?COC Triage Screening Threshold 300ng/ml and last one ESR Results <22 / Standard 0-20?

It appears to me Im way over everything. Im going to get lectured & decreased, my quality of life will be Crap on a Cracker. HELP ! need to understand this.

Thank you to all you Divas willing to read this & advise me : }
Lil'Rosa

Ross0015
02-11-16, 06:33 AM
Hi I have no specific advice re your specific meds but I do suggest that you demand to get a second opinion because you are uncomfortable with your meds at the moment. Also I want to say that I am thinking of you and wish you lots of strength. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time.

Fuzzy12
02-12-16, 07:35 AM
I'm sorry. What a crappy situation. Psychiatrists need to cover their backs, I guess, though I can totally imagine leaving a bag full of meds somewhere random.

Since you aren't taking more than prescribed the urine test will show that and hopefully that will put your doc's mind at rest. I'd just go along with all the urine and whatever tests she wants you to do.

The next time you speak to her it might be worth asking her what else you can do in your situation. You need some coverage in the evening, if not meds what else can she recommend? She said you need to just cope somehow..but how??

I'm sorry I don't have great advice but please don't feel bad about yourself. As far as I can see you haven't done anything wrong. It's unfortunate about losing the meds but that can happen..especially if you have ADHD. Asking for more meds can look fishy so usually it's better to just describe your problem (e.g. insufficient coverage in the evening) and let your psychiatrist come up with an answer.

Best of luck!!!

dvdnvwls
02-12-16, 03:23 PM
OK... this is fairly simple I think... Had you been taking more than you were prescribed? If not, which it sounds like you weren't, then you don't need to worry.

sarahsweets
02-16-16, 07:08 AM
I asked my DR. to add 1 more 20mg adderall at the end of my day like 6:00 pm I work from 10:30 to 7:00pm take all my meds at 8:00 am 2nd adderall around 11:00 3rd at about 2:3 0. Good until 6:00 ish my rubber band starts unwinding. She said no, its not going to help ,That i'm at the Max dose of 60mg.
How would she know if it would help or not? 60mg is the daily RECOMMENDED dose but its only a recommendation, it doesnt mean you are going to overdose on it.

She then asked me if I have a problem with a urine test. Let me explain real quick, I had to go to O.K. for my mom she was very ill and had to have emergency surgery. In a rush to get back didn't want to lose my job, left my cosmetic bag in her bathroom YES , All my meds in it. She thought it looked suspicious. My Dr, asked if I shared them with my husband,I said no he has Cancer he has his own Meds.

This is not cool. Who thought it was suspicious? The doctor or your mom? Were you asking for an early refill because you were missing a weeks worth of meds?
Then it was, do you add any type recreational type of Drugs? I said "what? " She asked me ,you know like, weed, alcohol, crack , meth ,cocaine. I said "hell no?' why would you ask that? Back to it being suspicious, I left my meds in O.K.Brother I didnt know that was such a Big deal . I only had a week left before my refill.

I think you should find a new doctor, assuming leaving a weeks worth of meds somewhere means youve considered recreational drugs doesnt make sense to me. unless you have a habit of 'losing' meds all the time or something.

DAMN IT, I just want to be able to be just a LITTLE productive after 7:00 pm. I let her make me feel embarrassed and ashamed she said "asking me to up a Stimulant is not good, adding more will not help you need to just deal with it." So she sent me for a Urine test she said it will tell her if I'm taking more than I should .

DEFINITELY consider a different doctor, for whatever reason this one already made up her mind about you, regardless of the facts.

Man I feel really bad about myself, like i'm some kind of addict begging for more , how am I able to do what I need to do if I feel like **** , ?

It appears to me Im way over everything. Im going to get lectured & decreased, my quality of life will be Crap on a Cracker. HELP ! need to understand this.

Thank you to all you Divas willing to read this & advise me : }
Lil'Rosa

Many people take booster doses. I take my last dose at 6 as well.