View Full Version : Ritalin and alcohol

blueorangetree
02-13-16, 04:28 PM
Stupid me :(

I'm dealing with a terrible bipolar mixed episode for about 2 weeks. Talking with my pdoc nearly everyday about this and the treatment.

I just realized that I'm mixing Ritalin with alcohol I did know you should not drink alcohol with ritalin but I asked two friends who said "I'm drinking and nothing happens". But they do not have bipolar! I have both bipolar and ADHD.

Do you know anything about the effect of ritalin + alcohol in bipolar?

sarahsweets
02-16-16, 05:32 AM
Stupid me :(

I'm dealing with a terrible bipolar mixed episode for about 2 weeks. Talking with my pdoc nearly everyday about this and the treatment.

I just realized that I'm mixing Ritalin with alcohol I did know you should not drink alcohol with ritalin but I asked two friends who said "I'm drinking and nothing happens". But they do not have bipolar! I have both bipolar and ADHD.

Do you know anything about the effect of ritalin + alcohol in bipolar?

My first question is, what meds do you take for your bipolar? A lot of times those are the meds you worry about if you are going to drink alcohol. The danger of alcohol and stimulants is you may not feel like you have drank the amount that you did, because you may not feel as drunk, but your impairment from drinking to much would still be the same.
Sort of like the person who says they drank a 6 pack and feel ok to drive. They may feel ok, but actually be too impaired to drive.