View Full Version : Feeling like a zombie on Ritalin LA

Andria
02-13-16, 07:28 PM
Hello!
I've been recently prescribed 40mg Ritalin LA. Before this, I was on Ritalin 20mg (short acting) for 2 weeks. It worked great but only lasted 2 hours or so. I went to my doctor and told him I needed something that worked more smoothly. That's when he gave me the 40mg Ritalin LA. I absolutely hate the way it makes me feel. I'm usually very friendly and talkative but now all my thoughts are internalized and I don't feel much like socializing with anyone including my children and husband...all day long :(. Has anyone else experienced this?

dvdnvwls
02-14-16, 04:18 AM
Welcome to the forum!

What your doctor did made perfect sense in terms of what one would expect. I'm sorry that it isn't working right.

Did you break or crush the pills? You can't do those things - they have to be swallowed whole, and not swallowing them whole would definitely make them do what you're saying.

Or maybe you just turn out to need a slightly lower dose if taking the LA form. When your dose is too much, you can get very internal, too focused, not socializing, etc.

Andria
02-15-16, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reply. I've always taken the meds as prescribed. ..I do not crush them. I was just concerned if the way I'm feeling is a normal response to the meds.