View Full Version : Ritalin abuse

zolteckx6
02-14-16, 01:55 PM
Hi all, I''m a 27 year old male with a diagnosis @ a much younger age. I have been on and off the meds for long periods of time and I am certain that my mind, my actions, sanity are all so much better on the meds. I can't lie they also make me 'feel' better...

I have abused them, especially in the past almost life destroying...I just recently got back on the Ritalin, and I'm having a very hard time not just wanting to take more and more.... I take 30mg a day prescribed one pill 3x a day. I am probably wrong but it's not enough....I will be in the middle of working on something and want another one to the point it's all I can think about.... about 70mg a day and I can't tell if it's that I need it or if it's that it makes me feel good and I'm just a terrible addict...

I guess in the end I want to say that it helps my life so much if I could just keep it in control...idk if that's possible or how to go about it

if anyone has any advise please do tell :(

Fuzzy12
02-14-16, 02:43 PM
I think you might have to speak to someone about this.l and get help. You don't want this to spiral out of control. The meds are really a good thing in your life currently but they won't be anymore if you abuse them. Don't ruin this for yourself.

Might if help if in the morning you pack only those three tablets to take with you when you are going to work and not more than that so you won't have the opportunity to take more in the evening? Also, maybe just schedule enough work everyday so that you can finish it in the time that your meds cover. Don't try to work more than that (of that's an option). Basically you know remove both opportunity and the urge or desire to abuse your meds.

It might help if you pick up a regular activity in the evening to take your mind off...like exercise or going to the gym or some hobby. Any exercise would be great though because it will naturally stimulate you and give you a kick.

Best of luck!!!

sarahsweets
02-15-16, 08:18 PM
If you have abused this in your past and have this much temptation wanting to abuse them again it may be worth looking into non-stimulant drugs for adhd.