View Full Version : food allergy test

NateDEEzy
02-17-16, 09:07 AM
Has anyone gotten a food allergy test done? If so, what were the results? I was laying in bed this morning and for whatever reason was thinking about how lap band surgery works, which is soo random bc I'm skinny as ****, but i just thought about how something from the food is somehow absorbed through the small bag in our body that we call the stomach. And I thought about how that then goes throughout our entire body, and then I thought about how I ate mac n cheese last night and how that's probably so bad for me. Anyway, I listen to the Joe Rogan podcast and he always talks about how sugar is horrible for the body and causes inflammation. Anyway, I was wondering, I have and always have had a somewhat red face, but without pimples or anything and was wondering if this could be due to inflammation,and was wondering if anyone has had a food allergy test done and was wondering how you go about finding a good doctor and have one done, as well as what your results were?

sarahsweets
02-19-16, 04:49 AM
What we put into our bodies has a remarkable effect on everything about us. Not sure about allergies but for me, I found out after my surgery that I have no tolerance for any MSG, I actually have a really bad reaction to it. For that reason I always have to read the packaging of stuff and if I go out to eat somewhere avoid meals that come with mystery sauces.

NateDEEzy
02-19-16, 08:40 PM
I can't believe no one on here has had a food allergy/sensitivity test done! I might give it a go and report back. How did you find out during a surgery that you have no MSG tolerance?

BellaVita
02-19-16, 10:59 PM
Could the facial redness be rosacea?

I have inflammation in my intestines caused by Crohn's disease (even got to see pictures of it - pretty cool!) and foods I eat can make it worse.

I'm still trying to figure out my "food triggers", but some things I've noticed that send me into a [worse] flare-up:
-Dairy (*unless I take my dairy digestive pills that also contains probiotics, which helps tremendously)
-Eating too many vegetables in one day (I figured out that is what caused my current flare-up, which I have had for several weeks now)
-Too much bread in one day

So yeah, I don't know about food allergies, but I do hope you find out if you have any. :)

NateDEEzy
02-23-16, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the reply!

I dunno if it's rosacea, but I think that is still effected by diet

sarahsweets
02-24-16, 05:40 AM
Nate-
In 2006 I had gastric bypass surgery. They ended up removing about 100cm of small intestine plus i had already had my gallbladder out. Because of that the way I digest food and how much I can eat of it was forever changed. I am very sensitive to sugar but mostly the artificial kind. If I bake my own cookies, I have no issue because its all from scrap. If I eat oreos, different story. Anyhow It took me a long time of reading labels and googling ingredients that matched my symptoms. I found a great website that I was able to weed through stuff to narrow it down to msg. I could tell you tons about how msg is in so many things or post a link but I dont want to hijack your thread.

Unmanagable
02-24-16, 08:39 AM
I never had a dr. do allergy tests with me about food, because the docs never really discussed any food topics, therefore, I didn't feel it needed to be considered an issue, but continued to suffer greatly.

Upon doing my own elimination diet (I guess that's what you could call it) and experimenting with cutting out all gluten, meat, dairy, various grains, caffeine, and processed foods, I discovered my body knows a hell of a lot more about what it can process and what conditions it can function under than the docs did.

Simargl
02-27-16, 09:36 PM
I'm taking an allergy test in a couple weeks. I can't seem to eat most processed foods any more and I can't eat out. It's a little frustrating. Sore throat, blistered & swollen lips, migraines, general swelling and nausea! If I don't make it- I can't have it. And I've been keeping my diet pretty plain. I'm pretty curious to see the test results. ;)

NateDEEzy
02-28-16, 03:18 PM
I'm taking an allergy test in a couple weeks. I can't seem to eat most processed foods any more and I can't eat out. It's a little frustrating. Sore throat, blistered & swollen lips, migraines, general swelling and nausea! If I don't make it- I can't have it. And I've been keeping my diet pretty plain. I'm pretty curious to see the test results. ;)

That's awesome! Hopefully you find it helpful. Please tell us your results!

NateDEEzy
02-28-16, 03:19 PM
Nate-
In 2006 I had gastric bypass surgery. They ended up removing about 100cm of small intestine plus i had already had my gallbladder out. Because of that the way I digest food and how much I can eat of it was forever changed. I am very sensitive to sugar but mostly the artificial kind. If I bake my own cookies, I have no issue because its all from scrap. If I eat oreos, different story. Anyhow It took me a long time of reading labels and googling ingredients that matched my symptoms. I found a great website that I was able to weed through stuff to narrow it down to msg. I could tell you tons about how msg is in so many things or post a link but I dont want to hijack your thread.

Feel free to post the links. I'm interested in the one website you used to help find a diet that helped you

aeon
02-28-16, 03:27 PM
Has anyone gotten a food allergy test done? If so, what were the results?

Yes.

I am allergic to chamomile, watermelon, and (to a minor degree) lemongrass.

Cheers,
Ian