View Full Version : List your positive traits and strong points you have in your workplace.

Lloyd_
02-18-16, 10:05 PM
Thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to where we can list all of our positive traits and strong points in the workplace.

Mine positive one I guess is that I'm able to do the most tedious of tasks without getting bored BUT I normally only excel when I'm given a set of tasks and have to work alone. When having to work in a group setting with other people involved and having to read social cues and body language, forget about it! I'm a total screwup.

List some of your positive traits and strong points at your workplace to where you can come back to this thread and read over them when your having a bad day so that it can be a reminder that you are able to achieve things even in the face of adversity!! :)

Lunacie
02-18-16, 11:10 PM
Nine-tenths of my job is tedious, it's that one-tenth that keeps it interesting for me.

I also seem to work better alone without the distractions of other people around.

sarahsweets
02-19-16, 04:36 AM
When I worked I would say those positive traits were my empathy for people and my ability to handle job related stress, in the sense that something would go wrong, not earth shattering wrong, just normal wrong and I was able to deal with it well. I tend to work well with most people because I dont let them know if they are bugging the crap out of me. Although over the years I suspect my tolerance for BS has gone down.

Little Missy
02-19-16, 08:11 AM
I'm always early. I'm the one that can be counted on day in and day out. I'm honest, trustworthy and take the initiative to do more than is expected. And I'm fun.

Unmanagable
02-19-16, 08:17 AM
Intuition saves the day in so many instances where most feel things need to be thoroughly thought through and over analyzed (get the f*** out of my way so things can get done....lol), I can engage in discussion with anyone - even the blatant a** holes, my attention to every last little detail is greatly appreciated, my ability to listen to others on purpose and provide feedback if requested, and my desire to make meaningful heartfelt connections all tend to make my day in the work place nice for me, as well as those who chose me to work for them. Also, knowing them well enough to know they're just like family and also understand when the not so positive traits kick me in the a***.

Bethylphenidate
02-19-16, 10:34 AM
On a good (normal) day....

I'm pretty good at finding productive and useful things to do when others are saying, "I'm so bored."

I'm usually the first one to get going when things become busy and hectic.

I get energized from short-term interactions with customers (i.e. 5 minutes or less), and I enjoy the challenge of successfully resolving complaints. I'm much better at this than I was 10 years ago.

I am usually pretty good at coming up with ideas or different approaches.

Bethylphenidate
02-19-16, 10:38 AM
I'm always early.

I envy you and your kind.

I've learned the importance of being punctual, though, so I've become at least an "on time" type of person. :p

KarmanMonkey
02-19-16, 10:39 AM
Empathy, being able to see and accept a wide range of seemingly conflicting viewpoints and bridge misunderstandings...

I'm often able to catch a subtle meaning or pattern of behaviour that others miss, or ask what seems to be an obvious question that somehow nobody thought to ask...

I'm a creative problem solver, and am willing to state a solution that might be outside of other professionals' comfort zone.

I hold onto hope for our clients despite how crappy the mental health system is.

Lunacie
02-19-16, 11:22 AM
I'm always early. I'm the one that can be counted on day in and day out. I'm honest, trustworthy and take the initiative to do more than is expected. And I'm fun.

I envy you and your kind.

I've learned the importance of being punctual, though, so I've become at least an "on time" type of person. :p

I'm always early too. I think it's probably because of the horrible anxiety.

I've only missed three days of work in over 10 years (working only 1 day a week).

daveddd
02-19-16, 11:33 AM
I'm always early too. I think it's probably because of the horrible anxiety.

I've only missed three days of work in over 10 years (working only 1 day a week).

anxiety i think is why I'm always early and rarely miss , anxiety or something and then i feel real guilty or something even if I'm going to be a minute late and know one would even care or pay attention

Fuzzy12
02-19-16, 11:38 AM
I think, my only strong point really is that I'm conscientious and dedicated (or are that two points???). I want to do a good job, at any cost. However, since doing a good job isn't easy for me, I'm not sure if the cost is really worth it: Elevated stress levels, no free time or personal life, etc.

ginniebean
02-19-16, 12:35 PM
Good sense of humour.

On Time (all of my clocks are set to different times and using odd number imcrements except 5. This works for me and I never really know the actual time)

Dedicated

Keeping my mouth shut about all things personal. (everything is always good barring a death in the family)

Reliable

Goofycook
02-19-16, 01:58 PM
Able to work miracles on a small budget. Very detail oriented(in my profession). When I am at work I am able to go into a zone where I totally focus on my job.

Radio Hiker
04-09-16, 01:50 PM
I can "think outside the box"
While I sometimes don't work well in situations where I have to collaberate with others on a task, I excel at getting things done when left to my own devices
I can be empathetic, but I also have a fairly good BS-o-meter, which comes in handy in my position as the production manager of a building maintenance company

EuropeanADHD
04-09-16, 08:03 PM
I'm creative and think outside the box. (Some people find it hard to bear though).
I'm enthusiastic about many tasks and activities.
I'm reliable and dedicated.
Also: my analytic and critical skills.