View Full Version : Sleepy on Metamina

Robin.B.P
02-20-16, 06:06 PM
Is this normal? Also I am loosing memory that scares me. It's like I getting to little norepinephrine. My dosage is on the low side, up to 25mg day. To much and I am getting lazy and to relaxed. Can't get angry,so that's good in a way. But I would give a lot to feel more alert. The best thing,it kills my anxiety at the right dosage.

sarahsweets
02-21-16, 04:54 AM
Is this normal? Also I am loosing memory that scares me. It's like I getting to little norepinephrine. My dosage is on the low side, up to 25mg day. To much and I am getting lazy and to relaxed. Can't get angry,so that's good in a way. But I would give a lot to feel more alert. The best thing,it kills my anxiety at the right dosage.

So Metamina is like dexedrine right?
How do you know your memory issues are because of norepinephrine? I know its involved in memory but you dont actually know thats the issue.

Robin.B.P
02-21-16, 06:36 AM
Because when I was on cymbalta in addition I was far more alerted, it's like I can't focus now.

gonzolo
02-23-16, 02:56 AM
I am getting same effect as you, it makes me sleepier, much more relaxed (slower heart rate, slow deep breathing), and I don't have any sort of anger / angry thoughts as I did when I took Adderall.
I don't really have as much "motivation" or energy to get more things done, and also my memory is no where as sharp as it was when I was on Adderall. My memory seems to be worse than adderall, but pretty much no bad side effects.

I think I will try using some ephedrine (8mg) with dexedrine (10mg) to have more mental sharpness and better memory. Ephedrine= epinephrine/adrenaline booster.

Robin.B.P
02-23-16, 01:59 PM
Thank you, i also get so slow heartbeat i almost faint when i go from sitting to standing.
Do you think Adderall would be better? Also i could go back to Cymbalta to get more norepinephrine. But its not that longe i went off it, dont think my doc would be happy asking for it.

gonzolo
02-23-16, 06:03 PM
Adderall (75% dextro amphetamine and 25% levo amphetamine) doesn't have these issues (low heart rate/ sedation) because of levoamphetamine. Levoampheatmine gives good energy, but also makes you more impulsive, OCD, and more easily irritated by things. Overall I felt better when I was using adderall. I got switched from Adderall to dexedrine because I was easily irritated by things and impulsive.

On Dexedrine pretty much nothing bothers me because it sedates me so much. But I also feel almost like a ghost, even if I add caffiene I seem to just be stuck in my head all relaxed and sedated.

Today I tried Ephedrine (8mg) with dexedrine (20 mg), and the result was it made all the bad side effects of dexedrine even worse. I got some irregular heart beating for a few seconds and extreme sedation (almost like I was paralyzed/ zombie). I felt every task seemed extremely difficult to do, had bad memory and socialization was pretty difficult. No positive effects, so I won't be doing epehdrine + dexedrine again.

Ephedrine+caffiene seem to be more effective for me than any of these amphetamines because I can't work out that much while on Amphetamines. Working out gives a lot of benefits to help with depression + adhd, so
Ephedrine+caffiene+ benefits from working out and eating right is much better than just dexedrine or adderall.

On amphetamines my muscles get dehydrated way faster and I can't recover very quickly, making it very difficult to get the benefits from working out to help treat mental issues.

Robin.B.P
02-23-16, 08:10 PM
Yea i get that zoombie feeling on Metamina (dex) to, its like i give a sh.. in what happens around me. Getting so sedative i can stand sleeping. To combat that i took Magnesium, but the i ran into other problems like anxiety, and the Metamina would last for several days...weird! So i guess i have to talk to my doc about this, hope there is someone that will let me try Adderall out.

Robin.B.P
03-01-16, 02:44 PM
Talked to my doc today, he will try to get me a receipt for Adderall to try out. Will let you know how it goes.

dvdnvwls
03-01-16, 04:08 PM
I wonder...

It seems possible that your Metamina dose could have been too much. Did you ever try taking less of it?

Robin.B.P
03-01-16, 04:17 PM
5 mg and I falls asleep, 10 mg kills my anxiety but still feels out of it. So I will try Adderall just to see how it works. If I don't like it I will continue with Metamina. The higher dose is what works best, but since I am prone to depression I try not to take over 10mg at once.

Robin.B.P
03-01-16, 04:32 PM
BTW, taking some magnesium helps great on depression. But to much and it cancel out Metamina and makes Adhd worse. So I am trying to take only small doses now and then.

dvdnvwls
03-01-16, 04:46 PM
BTW, taking some magnesium helps great on depression. But to much and it cancel out Metamina and makes Adhd worse. So I am trying to take only small doses now and then.
Does it help to take magnesium at night instead?

Robin.B.P
03-01-16, 04:52 PM
No, take it over time makes Metamina last for days. So I am trying to find out how low I can go on magnesium without it interference to much. But it's really nice to use if you want to go off your Adhd meds.

Little Missy
03-01-16, 05:04 PM
Try 2.5 mg. Sometimes less will make those symptoms go away. :confused:

Robin.B.P
03-01-16, 05:16 PM
Lowest I can take is 5mg, that is not enough for symptoms control. I have to take atleast 10mg.

Little Missy
03-01-16, 05:17 PM
You are unable to cut the pill in half?

Robin.B.P
03-01-16, 05:25 PM
The lowest dose we have is 5mg. But that dose don't do much for me.

gonzolo
03-01-16, 06:16 PM
Did you think to look at your diet? Perhaps you need to focus on eating carbohydrates+protein every 3 hours for morning and afternoon, and save eating most of your fats for the end of the day.

You can try planning out the next days meal and calculate how many grams of fat, carbs, and protein you will get and test it out every day to find the best diet set up that works for you.

Here is a simple explanation:

Dextroamphetamine: Dopamine & Norepinephrine released. Significantly more dopamine is released compared to nor-epinephrine. Dopamine by itself seems to lower blood sugar by causing insulin to be released, making your body store the glucose in muscle/ fat.

Compare with Adderall

Adderall: Has 25% levoamphetamine, which acts directly on your body's muscles (peripheral side effects). Causes your muscle to release stored glucose from its glycogen supply by increasing epinephrine.

Dexamphetamine works mainly on dopamine, while levoamphetamine works both on epinephrine/norepinephrine and dopamine equally.