View Full Version : Prescribed Strattera, nervous to start

Gryphonfyre
02-21-16, 12:04 PM
So, I was prescribed Strattera. After reading some of the reviews, however, I'm nervous to start taking it. It's just me and my son right now -- my husband is deployed. I've read about suicidal thoughts or aggressive behavior. While I don't have those now, what if I start when I'm start taking them?! I have no one to monitor my behavior... Thoughts, please? TIA

Gryphonfyre
02-21-16, 01:08 PM
Oops! Sorry about posting it in the wrong place. I don't know how I missed this ENTIRE section on Strattera! I love this forum more and more every day!!!

sarahsweets
02-21-16, 04:14 PM
The thing with Stratterra is it was origionally made and marketed as an antidepressant and sort of by accident they started to realize it worked for adhd. So Eli Lilly applied for a patent or approval or whatever you call it to promote it for adhd. Because of this, the side effects when they happen can be severe. The effect on mood and emotions is strong. My husband tried it long ago and it was terrible. The man with no mental health issues was suddenly helpless and sad. Maybe if you could try it with someone close to you helping you out a bit until you know if its good for you would help?